Touchlite for Touch 2

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Bob Chadwick, Mar 13, 2009.

1. Bob Chadwick macrumors member

I saw the add here. Has anyone tried this absolutely gorgeous case?

2. Brewerpaul macrumors regular

I clicked on it too, and it IS great looking.
    The main problem that I see is that I don't think it will STAY gorgeous looking. That shiny finish is bound to get all scratched up in your pocket.

I use a similarly thin and sleek Air Case (I think that's the name). It has a matte rubberized finish which, 5 months later, still looks good. A bit of the black paint is wearing off around the metal corners, but that's pretty minor. Also, it came with both shiny and non-reflective screen protectors.

3. saberahul macrumors 68040

I stick with the Rebel Touch. One of the best cases. I've dropped my iPod couple times and no damage occured what so ever.

4. Bob Chadwick thread starter macrumors member

5. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

Maybe, but $26 for a thin piece of plastic that will scratch faster than the iPod it's supposed to protect? :confused:

6. Bob Chadwick thread starter macrumors member

It's kind of like a hot woman, when did common sense come into play. (No offense intended to the fairer sex;))

7. 23am macrumors regular

23am

You will need a scratch protector for the case as well. :D
    But I will probably get one of the Touchlite cases for my future iPod Touch, I'm just waiting for the G3 Touch, or that Apple lowers the price on the 16gb version. Whichever comes first :)

8. broncopde macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (iPod touch: Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11 Safari/525.20)

It's to bad they can't make a great-looking, shiny, protective rubber.

9. nateo200 macrumors 68030

nateo200

I was eyeing those but I just got a case by incase and it's doing an amazing job even if it's not as pretty. I bet if one of those had some nice finish over the shine they'd be perfect.

10. blackdove macrumors newbie

I've had my Touch 2G for months and there isn't a scratch on it, what are you doing with these things, juggling them? The only problem I have is with fingerprints. There are plenty of surfaces that don't collect fingerprints the way the Touch/iPhone (and practically every other small, portable device in the last few years) materials do, but "shiny" doesn't apply. Not being particularly fascinated by "shiny tings", I'm looking seriously at saberahul's recommended case as the best I'd found up until coming across this thread was here:

http://www.more-thing.com/ipod-touch-g2.html

(a couple that I like)

Definitely taking a serious look at the SwitchEasy product lineup.

http://www.switcheasy.com/products/RebelEssentialsTouch/RebelEssentialsTouch.php

11. Jani-Appleseed macrumors member

Yes, I seen it is advertised all over macrumors ;P Well to me it looks kind of ugly and definetly cheap, i mean its colored plastic right :S I think the 'nice' photos and 'nice' flash based website is just hypnotizing all of yous :p
    I would recommended Rebeltouch case , now thats what I call good looking :p

UPDATe: I just noticed something in the 'specification' Anodized plastic case with metallic finishing WTF ? Umm i dunno if anyone else knows what anodizing is , but from my knowledge to anodize something it needs to be a conductor, and I think everyone knows that plastic is an insulator :?

12. CisternaChyli macrumors member

Hey do these guys not ship to the US? i checked it out and its not showing an option to ship to the US. EDIT: nm, got the option. The case looks gorgeous, hopefully it will look just as good in person :)