touchpad clicking noise

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by ibrainch, Oct 20, 2008.

1. ibrainch macrumors regular

First off let me say that the new Macbooks are awesome! I just got one as my work laptop and I really think for the first time Apple has introduced Macbooks/ibooks that can be taken seriously by the corporate world (I work for a financial services company). Snow Leopard should really help this adoption and next year should be another killer year for Apple. Anyway, my question was around the trackpad - mine currently makes an audible clicking noise when I press on it - my old macbook pro didn't do this, but I know I've used other Apple laptops that make more of a noise. Is this reason enough to get it exchanged at the store? It almost seems like the spring underneath the trackpad is missing or just needs to have a stronger tension. Let me know if anyone has experienced the same thing.

2. southerndoc macrumors 6502a

southerndoc

I think the noise is supposed to be there. Mine makes the noise.

I have a feeling that it's not a click itself making the noise, but rather a small internal speaker. If I remember correctly, the Mighty Mouse's clicks are actually from a speaker and not from the mouse itself.

If so, I would imagine there will be a shareware/freeware program in the near future that would allow you to disable this.