Touchpad Functionality in Windows 7 (Boot Camp)

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by leon314, Aug 18, 2011.

1. leon314 macrumors newbie

I'm considering putting Windows 7 on my new MBA 11 via Boot Camp, and am wondering what the touchpad will/won't be able to do in that environment. I've read there isn't full gesture support, but could someone please detail this.

1. Can tap to click be enabled?

2. Can the bottom of the trackpad be configured into left & right buttons (on either side) as it can in Lion?

3. Is scrolling with two fingers still doable, and is there momentum and similar sensitivity in the Windows environment?

4. Can you go back a page by swiping sideways?

5. Is there pinch zoom?

And anything else trackpad related that I ought to know...

Thanks

2. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

1. Yes.
    2. Yes.
    3. Yes, but it is not as smooth as under OS X.
    4. Generally, no.
    5. No.

There is a third party driver called Trackpad++ that give some more functionality, but it is (reportedly) still not as good the Mac OS X drivers. http://trackpad.powerplan7.com/

B

3. leon314 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, balamw - could you please expand on 3 & 4:

3. Not as smooth, as in weirdly jerky, or simply lacking the momentum feature?

4. Generally?

4. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Had to qualify. It's like butter is OS X, for me it's one of the best features on my Macs, but it just doesn't perform as nicely under Windows.

I haven't seen any support for pinch to zoom in any of the Windows apps I use.

B