touchpad is not as sensitive as it used to be!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by frash3, Jan 5, 2010.

1. frash3 macrumors newbie

Dec 27, 2009

>> my mac os x version 10.6.2, 2.26 ghz intel core 2 duo<<

my touchpad used to be so sensitive that i could touch it without having to click and it would work as if i clicked it requires a lot more pressure and it refuses to acknowledge the soft works even worse than my pc mouse...

this problem started after i tried to fix another problem by reformatting and reinstalling my cds that came with it and followed these instructions to the letter!! that problem went away now this came with it so now i have reformatted and and reinstalled AGAIN but the touchpad problem persists!

please help i only bought this mac in sept 2009, it shouldnt be giving me such a hassle!

does anyone know how to fix this?

i feel very silly but i figured out what was the problem. the system preferences that i had set was removed with i reinstalled the if any other 'new to mac' person has this problem go to system preferences > trackpad > under ONE FINGER select the first 3 options.

also another problem which i encountered was the start up was taking a little long whhc was unusual and i found someone online recommending going to system preferences > start up disk > and select you HD drive.

anyway. hope this helps.
  2. ziadn27 macrumors newbie

May 25, 2008
    Install the laptop touchpad drivers that should help solve your problem !!