touchpad is not as sensitive as it used to be!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by frash3, Jan 5, 2010.

1. frash3 macrumors newbie

HI,

>> my mac os x version 10.6.2, 2.26 ghz intel core 2 duo<<

my touchpad used to be so sensitive that i could touch it without having to click and it would work as if i clicked it...now it requires a lot more pressure and it refuses to acknowledge the soft touches..it works even worse than my pc mouse...

this problem started after i tried to fix another problem by reformatting and reinstalling my cds that came with it and followed these instructions to the letter!! http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3910. that problem went away now this came with it so now i have reformatted and and reinstalled AGAIN but the touchpad problem persists!

please help i only bought this mac in sept 2009, it shouldnt be giving me such a hassle!

does anyone know how to fix this?

----------------
    i feel very silly but i figured out what was the problem. the system preferences that i had set was removed with i reinstalled the discs...so if any other 'new to mac' person has this problem go to system preferences > trackpad > under ONE FINGER select the first 3 options.

also another problem which i encountered was the start up was taking a little long whhc was unusual and i found someone online recommending going to system preferences > start up disk > and select you HD drive.

anyway. hope this helps.

2. ziadn27 macrumors newbie

Install the laptop touchpad drivers that should help solve your problem !!