Touchpad issues

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by lidomkj, Mar 1, 2008.

1. lidomkj macrumors regular

I tried quickly searching and could not find anything related to my problem. My touchpad/trackpad seems to stop working correctly after awhile and have to restart the computer.

The symptoms are the mouse pointer moves much slower than the settings I have, tap to click stops working, gestures stop working and 2 finger scroll stop working.

This happened 3 times to me and it is random except for at least 30-40 minutes into use.

The the trackpad still moves the pointer and the actual button works.

Anyone else? Should I stop at the store for them to check out?

2. jameskohn macrumors 6502

I have a slightly different touchpad issue: when I double tap then drag, the touchpad doesn't "release" right away, so my next action screws things up. This is something new. Anybody else experiencing this?

3. shrtmkr macrumors regular

my touchpad is not flat, it goes down 1/4 of an inch, on the corner to the click.
    Its not a deal breaker but I am still thinking to get a replacement.

4. hotsauce macrumors 6502a

I think that's a feature. Without that behavior, it would be really hard to drag something across the screen in one swipe.

5. MsApple macrumors newbie

Yes I had similar problems - initially my trackpad stopped working intermittently, which progressed to my keyboard not working intermittently...which progressed to the keyboard AND trackpad not working at all...had to send it for repair - they replaced the logic board.

6. jameskohn macrumors 6502

Definitely get it replaced; this will not get any better, it will only get worse as time goes on. Avoid trouble, get it replaced.

7. twynne macrumors 6502a

I have this as well. Strangely I think this is what is referred to as 'Drag Lock' in the settings, but mine is disabled and it still does it. I can see the point of it, but not of the confusing setting. I've become used to it now but assume it can be fixed with a software update.

8. asymvivastos macrumors newbie

tapping function on mac air

can anyone help with this question? does tapping work on boot camp. i work on windows enviroment. it is very frustrating that i cannot use tapping. any advice?