Touchpad Tap - Picky

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by djinn, Nov 26, 2009.

1. djinn macrumors 68000

djinn

I've noticed that my touchpad only responds to tapping (instead of click) everywhere except for the center of the touchpad. I can click the center, swipe, and scroll down in the center and it works.

Only thing I have that could be causing an issue is the moshi touchpad cover. Anyone else experience this?

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    What computer are you using? Have you tried to remove the trackpad cover to see if that makes a difference, or try resetting the PRAM (which probably won't do anything, but it is worth a try).

3. djinn thread starter macrumors 68000

djinn

This is the machine thats in my sig. I haven't tried removing the cover yet. I will try to the PRAM reset and see if that does anything.

4. DAMNiatx macrumors 6502a

DAMNiatx

try reset pram first, if still can't click, call apple.

my mbp still in service because of this problem. :(

5. prodigee macrumors 6502a

I think that it could be the touchpad cover. To be honest I don't know why people have those, the glass trackpads don't get worn or really attract oils from your fingers so the covers are pretty superfluous.

6. DAMNiatx macrumors 6502a

DAMNiatx

It is.

7. Corrode macrumors 6502a

Corrode

The oils from my fingers is why I have issues with the black keyboard, but love the track pad. I'm constantly cleaning and wiping the keyboard after every use, but the trackpad remains unblemished.