Touchpad Tap - Picky

djinn

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 4, 2003
I've noticed that my touchpad only responds to tapping (instead of click) everywhere except for the center of the touchpad. I can click the center, swipe, and scroll down in the center and it works.

Only thing I have that could be causing an issue is the moshi touchpad cover. Anyone else experience this?

djinn

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 4, 2003
What computer are you using? Have you tried to remove the trackpad cover to see if that makes a difference, or try resetting the PRAM (which probably won't do anything, but it is worth a try).
This is the machine thats in my sig. I haven't tried removing the cover yet. I will try to the PRAM reset and see if that does anything.

Comment

DAMNiatx

macrumors 6502a
Jan 20, 2009
I've noticed that my touchpad only responds to tapping (instead of click) everywhere except for the center of the touchpad. I can click the center, swipe, and scroll down in the center and it works.

Only thing I have that could be causing an issue is the moshi touchpad cover. Anyone else experience this?
try reset pram first, if still can't click, call apple.

my mbp still in service because of this problem. :(

Comment

prodigee

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2009
Brooklyn, NY
I think that it could be the touchpad cover. To be honest I don't know why people have those, the glass trackpads don't get worn or really attract oils from your fingers so the covers are pretty superfluous.

Comment

DAMNiatx

macrumors 6502a
Jan 20, 2009
I think that it could be the touchpad cover. To be honest I don't know why people have those, the glass trackpads don't get worn or really attract oils from your fingers so the covers are pretty superfluous.
It is.

Comment

Corrode

macrumors 6502a
Dec 26, 2008
Calgary, AB
The oils from my fingers is why I have issues with the black keyboard, but love the track pad. I'm constantly cleaning and wiping the keyboard after every use, but the trackpad remains unblemished.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.