Touchpad Training

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Nightline, May 11, 2008.

1. Nightline macrumors regular

Nightline

Hey there guys.

Picked up a brand new Macbook for mom on Friday, I will be delivering it to her later on this month. She is a long time windows user, but has never had a laptop. I know she is going to have some issues getting use to the touchpad, so I am looking for some type of program that focuses on teaching the user to use the touchpad.

I searched around, and have not come up with anything, so thought I would post here to see if anyone has seen one.

Thanks a bunch.
    :apple:

2. GUILTIE macrumors regular

I've never heard of anything like that. Touch pads are so simple though, I don't see how she would have any trouble. If she just tries it for 5 min or so she should get used to it, but I know how difficult technology can be for people who aren't used to it.

3. aaron.lee2006 macrumors 65816

aaron.lee2006

I never owned a laptop until I got my MacBook Pro and I was used to the trackpad the first day I had it. I only use a mouse with it while using Photoshop and other apps like that.

4. Nightline thread starter macrumors regular

Nightline

Yea, she is a smart lady and all, but I remember how hard it was to get her used to the mouse, :)

Oh.. and she is 62, but an active 62. She really wanted the laptop, so I convinced her to switch to Mac, should be interesting.

5. GUILTIE macrumors regular

Good choice getting the mac. Windows would be hell for someone her age with all the virus/spyware scanning, disc defragging, etc.

6. Bobioden macrumors 68000

Bobioden

Why not get her a mouse until she gets used to the trackpad? I know quite a few folks who prefer the mouse over the trackpad. Give her the option.

7. Nightline thread starter macrumors regular

Nightline

Yes, I plan to for normal use at the table etc. Just want her to learn how to use in case she wants to sit where a mouse just is not the viable option.

8. Natsu macrumors member

what kind of work would she do on mac? It's really easy to get use to it, I'm new to macbook trackpads as well and i have no problems with it at all. Maybe a few days of playing on internet reading the news might be useful?