Touch's max volume too loud after installing app

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by kockgunner, Feb 23, 2008.

1. kockgunner macrumors 68000

kockgunner

I recently downloaded the alarm.app from this site: http://www.iamas.ac.jp/~aka/iphone/#LEDBanner.app

it's supposed to be used with the iphone speakers to be a loud alarm to ward of muggers or something. Anyway, i installed it on my ipod touch and after using it, the max volume on my ipod touch was raised exponentially. before, when i played music at max volume through my headphones, it was at a comfortable volume. Now when i play music at max volume, i almost go deaf! my old max volume on my touch is now only half of the total volume my touch is capable of. is there any way to put a limit back on my ipod touch's volume? thx!

2. joekix macrumors 6502

joekix

why don't you just turn it down?

3. kockgunner thread starter macrumors 68000

kockgunner

well, sometimes the touch's volume slider skips jumps and that split second of loud music is enough to get my ears ringing. i just want to get my ipod touch back to status quo. i heard the regionalvolumelimit.plist can be edited but how does one edit plists?

4. Resist macrumors 68030

At max volume it should never have been comfortable to begin with. A comfortable volume should have been anywhere between 1/2 and 3/4's of the volume slider. If you could go full max before then I have to question the quality of your headphones or your ears.

5. Pronoun macrumors newbie

You can use the "Property List Editor.app" Application, if you have Developer Tools install on your Mac. If not you can open it in Text Wrangler or any text editor, it is only a text file.

6. kockgunner thread starter macrumors 68000

kockgunner

i use windows xp unfortunately and when i open the plist file, weird symbols appear.

7. davidy macrumors 6502

davidy

Settings > Music > Volume Limit

8. Pronoun macrumors newbie

Are you using Notepad?

9. Tyris macrumors newbie

10. Tyris macrumors newbie

To ward off muggers eh? :D :D
    About as useful as dialing 911 when you need help RIGHT NOW not 10 minutes after the mugging.

I prefer a handgun to ward off muggers :p

-T

11. kockgunner thread starter macrumors 68000

kockgunner

yeah