Touchscreen broken, how do I configure new application without the touchscreen?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by nick122147, Jun 8, 2009.

1. nick122147 macrumors newbie

My upper part of the touchscreen is broken, so I want to use this old iphone as a good quality webcam, found a very nice application called PhoneCam. but I cannot enter the ftp server information into the application as the screen doesn't respond to.
    Anybody know where/what file applications normally would store this kind of information? I have searched all the files I could find inside the App folder, but cannot find where I could manually input this information.

Can anybody lead me towards the right direction?

2. aaron11193 macrumors regular

aaron11193

Karumba/Cairns/Charters Towers, QLD, Australia
    This might be a long shot but if it's jailbroken and you have OpenSSH installed, ssh into your iPhone, do an 'apt-get install veency' (i think that's what the package is), respring.

Get a VNC viewer for your computer (TightVNC for Winblows, can't remember one for mac), find the iPhone's WiFi IP and connect to it.

Voila, control without a touchscreen.

I can't offer much help if you aren't jailbroken or haven't installed OpenSSH sorry.

3. nick122147 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks alot!!!
    That worked perfectly! Great to know that I could also configure other apps that I might need. already got skype up and running again.

Thanks again :)