Touchscreen Hardware Failure & Very Positive Support Experience

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bmustaf, Sep 25, 2007.

1. bmustaf macrumors regular

Last night my iPhone's screen started becoming progressively less sensitive to input (multitouch and single). Got to the point where I could not even slide to unlock or type in my passcode. Tried all resets, restores, etc, no cigar. Everything else worked (volume, home button, vibrate switch, etc) -- would receive calls (just couldn't answer :) ).

Anyway, made an appointment with a Genius and was in and out within 3 minutes with a replacement iPhone. I was very impressed with their responsiveness and willingness to not put me through the "standard" warranty process of taking a $29 hit on a loaner phone and having to send stuff through the mail.

Very happy with how Apple took care of this. On another note, anyone have similar touchscreen issues (seen a few isolated threads about this, but no flat out failures)...any idea what the cause maybe? No drops, no water, nothing...just out of the blue stopped working.

2. carfac macrumors 65816

carfac

That is cool- glad you got taken care of.

I used one of those invisible shields on my iPhone. I thought it might effect the touch. I put the shield on as soon as I bought it, so I do not have much to compare it to, but I can say that it seems to work fine- no complaints.

3. bmustaf thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah, I used the Power Support Crystal shield from the day I got it and had no problems whatsoever, liked having the peace of mind, too...took it off to see if it affected the behavior and it didn't...the screen, touch screen controller, or some hardware had to have failed...