Touchscreen not working and the appearance of an unknown red light

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by sacharb, Jun 14, 2010.

1. sacharb macrumors newbie

Ok, so my iPhone 3G's touchscreen has, today, decided to not respond. The physical buttons are still working and I'm getting calls etc ok but obviously cannot answer them!

What's very strange is that a red light has appeared to the left of the earspeaker which, you can see in this picture, actually appears as being purple in my digital camera.

[​IMG]

Looking closely, it looks like the letter C with a dot in the middle.

This actually happened back in December 2009 but it started working again the next day and I forgot all about it.

I use this phone for work as well and so it's a real pain that this has happened. Luckily my contract finishes this month and so can upgrade to the iPhone 4 on the day of its release. However, I still need to know what's up with this one! - plan on giving it to someone else and obviously don't want to give them a damaged phone... :(

2. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

I know that the red light is the proximity sensor. As for the touch screen send it to apple if you still can.