Touchscreen not working !!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by AzWildcat, Dec 16, 2009.

1. AzWildcat macrumors member

Hi all,

I have a jailbroken iPhone 3Gs version 3.0 (7A341);

Recently, my touchscreen has been behaving iffy, it will stop responding, I have to restart the phone and even then, it may or may not work for a little while. This problem is getting increasingly annoying. Please help !

Cheers!

2. The General macrumors 601

Go directly to the Genius Bar. Do not pass Go. Do not collect $200.

3. AzWildcat thread starter macrumors member

uhmm.....this is a JB issue, I doubt that Genius Bar will be willing to help me !

4. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

What makes you think it's a JB issue? Sounds like a hardware issue to me. If you are in doubt, restore to stock and see if the problem persists.

5. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Agreed and the OP will have to restore anyway to go to the store. Restore as new.

6. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

I can't recall reading or seeing a single instance of touchscreen failure that was the result of a JB.

7. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

I did have a problem with my screen seeming to be "possessed" for a while. It would react as if I touched in a different area of the screen, the scrolling became jumpy, and just overall instability. I changed my Overboard trigger from the pinch method to the home button and it's been fine ever since. No idea if the two were related at all, but it's been fine ever since.

8. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

+1. I've never heard of any problems with a touchscreen caused by jailbreaking. The fact that you are jailbroken doesn't make every issue related to the jailbreak. From what you told us, the appearance of this issue didn't even coincide with your jailbreak. Either way, the solution is to restore to stock.