Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

plastikos

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 11, 2007
I am finding that the touchscreen on my iPhone is not sensitive on a horizontal line at the level of the 4-5-6 keys on the numeric phone pad when the phone is activated. It often senses the "key" above or below these numbers. The area remains "insensitive" to touch on other applications as well at the same location on the screen, however it is harder to detect. The problem is most annoying when using the phone. Anyone else with the same experience? Any suggestions?

xUKHCx

Administrator emeritus
Jan 15, 2006
The Kop
I am finding that the touchscreen on my iPhone is not sensitive on a horizontal line at the level of the 4-5-6 keys on the numeric phone pad when the phone is activated. It often senses the "key" above or below these numbers. The area remains "insensitive" to touch on other applications as well at the same location on the screen, however it is harder to detect. The problem is most annoying when using the phone. Anyone else with the same experience? Any suggestions?

Suggestions:

Clean the screen

Monitor it, make a note of how often it happens, what applications you are using etc. Then if it doesn't get any better take it in to an apple store and give them a demonstration. However if your phone is anything like my dog it will be miraculously better when taken to the store/vets. Therefore perhaps take a video of you trying to use it and put it on the phone so when it is better you can actually show them the problem. Even though filming something like that is probably a hard task.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.