Touchscreen unresponsive

roccobladr

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 25, 2011
So I had my 4S charging and for some reason it was being really slow. Thought maybe it needed to be restarted. So I restart it..still no luck. Let it go a few hours and still not swiping and being unresponsive.

I take the plunge and reformat it as a new phone. As I am trying to do this, I can't even touch the screen to hit "next" or type in my apple ID.

I finally got it to the home screen but still just will not respond to my touch. Any other things that I can try?

The only thing that happened is that my mom was doing dishes kinda near where the phone was...I had it face down on the counter and a little bit of water got near it. Could that really have done this?

roccobladr

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 25, 2011
there was somewater on the screen since it was face down when I picked it up...it wasnt that much though. I was able to pretty much wipe it off with my shirt. I am guessing thats where my problem lies?

verwon

macrumors 68030
Jul 26, 2011
Seattle
So, it was laying in some water? I'd turn it off and stick in a bag of rice for a few days to see.

roccobladr

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 25, 2011
lol I swear. like ever spill a little bit of water on a counter? it was face down in water like that

verwon

macrumors 68030
Jul 26, 2011
Seattle
Still doesn't mean some didn't get into the phone.

You wanted to know what to try and I told you.