Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

qua

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 22, 2006
:confused: I'm visiting out of the country, where internet connection is slow and cuts off occasionally - thus making restore doubtful at best. A friend has a locked iPod touch (I believe 4S) where the password is lost and original computer not available (why they even tried here I don't know). I can use the hold-button and plug in trick to get to the restore screen on my MacBook Pro in iTunes, but when the download cuts off, it goes back to zero mb.
Is there a way I can download the restore file somewhere else (like with iGetter where I could eventually get it – the file is 34 hour download here) and put it in the iTunes Library folder where iTunes can access it?
If not, is there another option? I would appreciate any help. We're here for two months so have time for this.

AngerDanger

Graphics
Staff member
Dec 9, 2008
It seems your only problem is downloading the iOS firmware within iTunes, so you should download it from this site. I used it many times when I was in a similar situation.

Last edited:

qua

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 22, 2006
Thank you!

Now to the looooong download. Using iGetter, ambitious download at these speeds.

qua

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 22, 2006
Thanks again

Download took a little over 24 hours, with 35 cut-offs and restarts in iGetter. But it did the job. This forum rocks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.