Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

av.

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 21, 2010
I'm scared to use my iPad.

My primary use for iPad 2 will include walking around the exterior & interior of homes and taking notes with an iPad app while juggling a measuring tool and probably a real camera. But I want my iPad stay safe and I've got concerns over exposure to the outdoor elements (rain, sprinklers) and the potential of bumping (scuffing) or dropping it.

Otterbox seems to have a good reputation for producing tough (somewhat ugly) cases, yet their iPad 2 case not for sale yet. Has anyone come across a similar, outdoor-appropriate case that will keep my precious from unnecessary harm -- that I could buy today?

Bonus points for cases that are easy to pop my iPad in and out of and for cases that protect from water damage.

Thanks in advance.

guccigucci88

macrumors 6502a
Dec 30, 2010
I'll make you a custom aluminum bordered and carbon fiber and kevlar backing ipad 2 case. Send me 400 bones ill make it for you (paypal or western union). The inside will also be lined with a special gooey substance for extra drop protection and protection from 3g signal interuption.

but in all seriousness id just wait if i were you. Cases will be coming out soon. Sounds like you could go with otterbox or those kraken series (in my opinion pretty hideous but hey you mite dig em.)

thespazz

macrumors 6502a
Jul 5, 2007
Give 'er time, laddy! Otterbox will bust one out ... and it sounds PERFECT for you.

av.

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 21, 2010
I'll make you a custom aluminum bordered and carbon fiber and kevlar backing ipad 2 case. Send me 400 bones ill make it for you (paypal or western union). The inside will also be lined with a special gooey substance for extra drop protection and protection from 3g signal interuption.

but in all seriousness id just wait if i were you. Cases will be coming out soon. Sounds like you could go with otterbox or those kraken series (in my opinion pretty hideous but hey you mite dig em.)

:)

Kraken looks just as terrible as you say, though I'm willing to sacrifice looks if it means protection. Thank you for telling me about it.

Give 'er time, laddy! Otterbox will bust one out ... and it sounds PERFECT for you.

This is sound advice - otterbox does seem right up my alley. Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.