Tough Decision regarding MBP 13" 2011

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by matpet09, Nov 18, 2010.

1. matpet09 macrumors newbie

Hi guys;
    Here in ArgentinA the Macbook Pro's are like 2,500 US dollars (just for the base 13 inch MBP!)
    That is why, I am in doubt. Please dont tell me 'if you need it buy it, or not'. That's BS. Neither 'there are millions of this threads bla bla bla'.
    I'm just wondering if you think it is true that the sandy bridges are releasing on Q1 2011, and if i should buy the laptop now or later. I'll use it for some gaming, word processing, images, music, and mostly web.
    Is it convenient for me? Any suggestions are very appreciated;
    Is this one the right size?
    Thanks for you time; i'm grateful.
    Greetings from arg.
    Mat

2. vant macrumors 65816

3. xlii macrumors 68000

xlii

I have the mid 2009 13" mbp and I like it a lot. For me, it is the perfect combination of size, power and portability. If sometimes you yearn for a larger screen you could always hook it up to an external monitor. For the usage you listed the 13" will have plenty of power for you.

For $2500 you could fly to Miami, have a small vacation, buy that 13" mbp and fly back to Argentina... just a thought. Is most of that price taxes, middleman markup, import duties?

None of us know for sure when sandy bridge will come out and when Apple will update their laptop lineup again. My guess would be between January and May 2011 we will see Apple update their laptops.

4. AdamRock macrumors 6502a

AdamRock

just wait till the next update. its probably gonna happen within 4 months.

5. LinkMx macrumors member

If you need it buy it, or not. There are millions of this threads bla bla bla

6. Tears Apart macrumors 6502a

Tears Apart

If I was you I'd buy it only if I needed it.

On another note, there are several other threads like this.

7. jdaniel macrumors 65816

why cant you buy on ebay? "electronics king" on ebay is reliable I purchased from him before. Mac warranties are valid worldwide it doesnt matter where you purchase, so if you can get them to deliver to you insured, why not?

8. qawes macrumors regular

qawes

My girlfriend just bought the 13'' MBP 2010, and it's fantastic. I think it's worth it's money, especially for the cool running temperature of the CPU, very good graphics, the screen and the huge battery life (8hrs on wireless)
    Just in speculation, if the Sandy Bridges run hotter and have a weaker battery life, I would be buying the 2010 model.
    Don't you have someone that can buy the laptop for you from the states? I mean it's worth 1200 bucks but 2500? Absolutely not, even if we're talking about the Sandy Bridge or the current model.

9. matpet09 thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks everybody for the quick answer!
    I prefer to buy the MacBook Pro 13 inch in the US for 1200 dollars than here...
    I'm gonna ask my dad if he can bring one (obviously, I'll pay for it)
    Cheers

10. CaoCao macrumors 6502a

Pick it up in the US, also determine what size by the updated specs