iPad Tough iPad Air case with folding cover?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by elgrayso, May 8, 2014.

1. elgrayso, May 8, 2014
    Last edited: May 8, 2014

elgrayso macrumors member

I have an ipad air and an otter box defender.
    the otter box is great and i love it. however i recently got a stylus that does not work quite as well with the otterbox protective plastic screen.

now im looking for a case that is still durable, but allows direct contact with the screen.
    i would prefer one with some sort of folding cover that protects it when not in use.

2. Mactagonist macrumors 65816

3. elgrayso thread starter macrumors member

thank you for your quick reply.
    i think i am leaning towards one that has a folding cover that protects it when not in use. its a little hard to tell in my research though because even if a case HAS that feature, the first photo i see of it may not display that "cover" aspect.

so far ive found a couple that are durable and have a "cover"

Pelican ProGear Vault Extreme

and

URBAN ARMOR GEAR

the only problem is the Urban Armor looks like you cant fold the cover behind it 180 degrees (to make it flat). and the Pelican one looks great but im not sure about the locking mechanism for the cover. i dont think i would like to "lock/unlock" the cover each time i want to open it.

(thanks for any help. i just dont know much about ipad cases and figured some of you would have some opinions ;-) )

4. elgrayso thread starter macrumors member

i think the pelican case wins!

anyone interested in a durable case with a folding cover should look into it.
    this youtube review sold me.

5. zipur, Dec 3, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2014

zipur macrumors 6502a

zipur