Tough Question Regarding Contracts

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TheRiseofTheFal, Aug 4, 2008.

1. TheRiseofTheFal macrumors regular

TheRiseofTheFal

Hey there,

My question to all of you surrounds buying an iPhone 3G. My friends mom's company is able to get the subsidized phones regardless of quantity whenever they feel like it. She said that she can not leave the store unless the phones have a contract attached to them. She also said I can buy any number of phones from her at the subsidized price and once I activate it with my number itll be added to my account and I will be charged the extra ten a month. Ok no big deal there. My question is (this is the part I may draw some ire from people about) what if i buy say 4 of these phones and only add one to my account. I now have three phones that are not attached to an account. Am I able to sell these phones to friends of mine or on ebay and not have to worry about them being added to either her account or mine? Additionally what if they are not added to her or my account within the thirty days and say added to a third party account i.e. a friend or on ebay do i technically have to give the phones back to her to return to the store?

it may be complicated but if anyone needs a clarification im more than willing to just wondering if anyone could help

2. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

you HAVE to walk outta there with a new 2yr contract...if you want to buy more phones than you gotta pay the full 700$ which there not letting you do right now because of the demand..so you cant do that, unless you bring your whole family witchu!

3. TheRiseofTheFal thread starter macrumors regular

TheRiseofTheFal

grammar points aside, I don't physically have to be at the store with her, I know this because she already told me so, she has bought over 20 3G's for family and colleagues so far and her price is stable at 200 or 300 depending on the version... my point is I would buy one from her add it to my existing account and buy a couple more paying her directly NOT APPLE OR ATT, could i hypothetically sell them to friends or on ebay?

4. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

only if Apple/AT&T excuses her from making a contract in-store! btw, wanna sell me the 8GB for 170 ill pay for shipping if you want to do that!

5. TheRiseofTheFal thread starter macrumors regular

TheRiseofTheFal

haah and then im out thirty bucks :p if you up the ante a bit and we can figure this out then we can talk

p.s. if theres a moderator checking im not advertising sales or anything of that nature all in good humor

P.P.S can anyone help with my questions??