Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FANTASTIC_VOYAGE

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 20, 2017
I don’t like the grip on my touch, and was looking to upgrade my case. Unfortunately, it was has been difficult finding a case with a pattern I like. Seemingly no one sells them anymore. And I few I do see are the same ones I saw last last year. The weak selection is really disappointing. Any slim chance anyone knows of anyplace I can find a case with an awesome pattern (please no more dolphins, unicorns, or floral patterns) on it?

Jimbo Limbo

macrumors regular
Aug 13, 2015
Toronto
Hi,
We have an iPod touch 5 at my family that has been handed from person to person. This case was appreciated by my kids as it appeared to be a phone, not an iPod. It is slim, yet quite protective. It is only available in the basic black/grey now, although there were other colors that may still be in a retail store somewhere.

http://www.otterbox.com/en-us/ipod-touch/defender-series-case/apl2-ipod-touch-5g.html

This case is very slim, yet still protective, and shows of the design on the iPod and the color of the device. I use this style of case on my ipad mini 2. It makes the mini 2 pocketable in my work dress pants, tho not in my jeans.

https://www.powersupportintl.com/air-jacket-simple-clear-for-ipod-touch-5th-6th/

Good luck in your hunt.

FANTASTIC_VOYAGE

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 20, 2017
Hi,
We have an iPod touch 5 at my family that has been handed from person to person. This case was appreciated by my kids as it appeared to be a phone, not an iPod. It is slim, yet quite protective. It is only available in the basic black/grey now, although there were other colors that may still be in a retail store somewhere.

http://www.otterbox.com/en-us/ipod-touch/defender-series-case/apl2-ipod-touch-5g.html

This case is very slim, yet still protective, and shows of the design on the iPod and the color of the device. I use this style of case on my ipad mini 2. It makes the mini 2 pocketable in my work dress pants, tho not in my jeans.

https://www.powersupportintl.com/air-jacket-simple-clear-for-ipod-touch-5th-6th/

Good luck in your hunt.

Thanks for your help. I do not like the Otterbox cases since they have a hole in the middle on the back that has the Apple designation. The other case doesn’t cover the top or side buttons, which I prefer. I was really hoping to find one that covers all the buttons and has a really creative or nice looking pattern on it.
[doublepost=1508622430][/doublepost]
https://www.amazon.ca/Touch-ULAK-CL...=8-7&keywords=ipod+touch+6th+generation+cases

I like the ULAK clear case. It has a nice grip and isn't bulky. Had this for over a year with no issues.

Thanks. But I don’t care for the clear cases. I prefer one that has some flair to it.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Very interesting thread, which I have read closely, as the topic is one that exercises me at the moment.

Around a fortnight ago, I bought a lovely brand new iPod Touch - the 128GB one - mainly for my music collection (which is as close as makes no difference to 100GB) and I, too, am in the market for a nice case for it.

Preferably elegant and preferably leather.

The Apple store (much to my surprise) had none, and nor could I find any at the airport shops I subsequently tried.

Recommendations welcome.

FANTASTIC_VOYAGE

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 20, 2017
Very interesting thread, which I have read closely, as the topic is one that exercises me at the moment.

Around a fortnight ago, I bought a lovely brand new iPod Touch - the 128GB one - mainly for my music collection (which is as close as makes no difference to 100GB) and I, too, am in the market for a nice case for it.

Preferably elegant and preferably leather.

The Apple store (much to my surprise) had none, and nor could I find any at the airport shops I subsequently tried.

Recommendations welcome.

Here are some leather cases. I don’t like flip cases, so I have no interest in them. I see many nice iPhone cases, but there just isn’t the same wide variety of cases for us touch users. Which is so disappointing. I thought about getting a 128 GB model, but they kept getting bid over $300. So I settled on a 64 GB that I’m very happy with.

https://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&k...MI876OifmE1wIVFXZeCh0wFwcHEAAYASAAEgKELfD_BwE

Reactions: Scepticalscribe

Paddle1

macrumors 601
May 1, 2013
This is the case I got. Not sure if it's the same listing.

https://www.amazon.com/ULAK-SLICK-A...15GW4J80/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1508719686&s

I completely understand the struggle of trying to get an iPod touch case that fits your wants/taste. Finding the right one can be very difficult. I literally had to order it from US Amazon and get it shipped to Canada.

Not to mention some of them are designed for the 5th gen and have a hole in the back.

Plutonius

macrumors G3
Feb 22, 2003
New Hampshire, USA
I don’t like the grip on my touch, and was looking to upgrade my case. Unfortunately, it was has been difficult finding a case with a pattern I like. Seemingly no one sells them anymore. And I few I do see are the same ones I saw last last year. The weak selection is really disappointing. Any slim chance anyone knows of anyplace I can find a case with an awesome pattern (please no more dolphins, unicorns, or floral patterns) on it?

I just use both front and back skins for my touch (no case).

FANTASTIC_VOYAGE

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 20, 2017
This is the case I got. Not sure if it's the same listing.

https://www.amazon.com/ULAK-SLICK-A...15GW4J80/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1508719686&s

I completely understand the struggle of trying to get an iPod touch case that fits your wants/taste. Finding the right one can be very difficult. I literally had to order it from US Amazon and get it shipped to Canada.

Not to mention some of them are designed for the 5th gen and have a hole in the back.

I saw that case. I thought about buying it. Isn’t that case have 2 parts that snap together? Yeah, most of the cases I have seen are for the touch 5 that has the cutout for the loop. The one you have is one of the few I have seen made without it.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Here are some leather cases. I don’t like flip cases, so I have no interest in them. I see many nice iPhone cases, but there just isn’t the same wide variety of cases for us touch users. Which is so disappointing. I thought about getting a 128 GB model, but they kept getting bid over $300. So I settled on a 64 GB that I’m very happy with.

https://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&k...MI876OifmE1wIVFXZeCh0wFwcHEAAYASAAEgKELfD_BwE

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to post this link (and list). Much appreciated.

FANTASTIC_VOYAGE

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 20, 2017
Thank you for taking the time and trouble to post this link (and list). Much appreciated.

It wasn’t any trouble. Please share what case you decide to get.

See what I mean when I said I couldn’t find a case I like? No one even carries them anymore. I went to Best Buy tonight, and they virtually had no cases. Talk about disappointing. Then I went to Wal Mart which wasn’t any better. Sadly, us touch users are a dying breed. I guess I’m one of the few who doesn’t like expensive phone bills and data limits every month.
[doublepost=1508742276][/doublepost]

It wasn’t any trouble. Please share what case you end up getting.

Attachments

• 836D7A6C-E54F-49B1-A337-507156FA1A33.jpeg
    836D7A6C-E54F-49B1-A337-507156FA1A33.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 246
Last edited:

arielevari

macrumors newbie
Oct 23, 2017

hi,
i found for my girlfriend a very nice quality case on www.iphoneprotector.com store few weeks ago...i hope it's still on stock(-:

Paddle1

macrumors 601
May 1, 2013
I saw that case. I thought about buying it. Isn’t that case have 2 parts that snap together? Yeah, most of the cases I have seen are for the touch 5 that has the cutout for the loop. The one you have is one of the few I have seen made without it.
It is two parts, almost forgot since it just stays together.

Good luck finding a case you like. Stores probably don't sell many cases since the design hasn't really changed since 2012.

FANTASTIC_VOYAGE

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 20, 2017
hi,
i found for my girlfriend a very nice quality case on www.iphoneprotector.com store few weeks ago...i hope it's still on stock(-:

Looks like they don’t make iPod cases. I don’t think an iPhone case will fit iPod or am I wrong?
[doublepost=1508801914][/doublepost]
It is two parts, almost forgot since it just stays together.

Good luck finding a case you like. Stores probably don't sell many cases since the design hasn't really changed since 2012.

I would prefer one that isn’t 2 parts. I may decide to get that one anyway since it does look well made. How do you like it? Are the buttons easy to press? Does the 2 parts snap tight?

Paddle1

macrumors 601
May 1, 2013
Looks like they don’t make iPod cases. I don’t think an iPhone case will fit iPod or am I wrong?
[doublepost=1508801914][/doublepost]

I would prefer one that isn’t 2 parts. I may decide to get that one anyway since it does look well made. How do you like it? Are the buttons easy to press? Does the 2 parts snap tight?
The buttons don't feel hard to press to me. The two pieces are very secure, I don't even take them apart when removing the case (which is rare), but I suppose it would be easier that way.

FANTASTIC_VOYAGE

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 20, 2017
fwiw I just got this one for my 6 on ebay: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Apple-iPod-Touch-5-6-Gen-TPU-silicone-Rubber-Soft-Back-Case-Cover-Canada/271649693425?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&var=570483694775&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

Good side grip and it looks pretty sharp, i'm more than happy with it. If the hole in the back is a deal breaker just search other sellers, I'm sure you'll find something

Thanks, but the ugly hole in the back is a deal breaker for me. I also don’t like the large openings that is susceptible to dust at the bottom.

Yorkshire Lad

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2015
Leeds

colodane

macrumors 65816
Nov 11, 2012
Colorado
This may not be what you are interested in, but works very well for my iPod Touch. A company called "i Love Handles" makes a set of soft pullover covers that are correctly sized for the iPod Touch as well as the iPhone SE, etc. A set of three (black, gray and red) costs $15. I've used them for years. They will prevent your device from being scratched in your pocket, etc. and then you can easily remove it to enjoy using it in "naked" mode. Here's the link:

https://ilovehandles.com/shop/pullover/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.