Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Skoal

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 4, 2009
I've searched Google but 99% of the hard shell cases that show up are the thin snap on type cases most people use. I currently have a black matte Speck hard shell case that's worked wonderfully in the fairly tame environments I've used it in. I'm going to be traveling in the near future and would like to find a case that would protect the MBP more like a tough book. The environments will be more like a construction site than an office space.

Preferably:

1. Allows access to all ports, keyboard and screen while installed.
2. Has bumper like protection

I'm not concerned with the increase in bulk but looking for the most protection available. Does anyone know of an existing product that would work? I found one brand that looked promising but they only made it for the 12" MacBooks. Any help will be much appreciated.

Skoal

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 4, 2009
Thanks for the reply! For some reason tapatalk hadn't notified me of a reply so this has been sitting here for awhile.

Sadly I have a 15" MBP and it looks like the UAG case is only made for 13" models. It's exactly what I was looking for otherwise.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.