Tourist claims used tampon was in steak

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by spaceboots06, Jul 14, 2009.

1. spaceboots06 macrumors 6502a

spaceboots06

There's a video on the site too.

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=news/local&id=6914735

All I have to say is YUCK!

2. Vogue Harper macrumors 6502

Vogue Harper

That is a bit far fetched, a blood soaked tampon in his steak? Maybe it was the cow's time of month, is he sure he just didn't order a very rare steak?

Of course, the sympathetic people from the 'Teen texter falls into manhole' thread will come in here and tell us what a silly billy he was for not watching what he was cutting up/eating and that the hotel is in no way to blame for this unfortunate incident :D

3. william sire macrumors regular

william sire

This is an unbelievable story. The options have to be limited for who could have put the tampon in the steak. Start with the Jewish women who are descendants with German relatives.

I just don't think it's real.

4. iCantwait macrumors 65816

iCantwait

i hope it came from a hot chick, would of made it less sick

5. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

slightly less lol

6. lag1090 macrumors 6502

The hotel isn't going to be too happy about this. They're really going to want the hard evidence from the hospital though.

The man's claim that the doctor confirmed his suspicions just isn't going to cut it.

While I do believe that he should have perhaps taken more care with looking at his food, the hotel is certainly at fault in this one. If it was buried within the steak, he couldn't have possibly discovered it without eating some of the steak next to it.

Either way, too sickening to contemplate happening.

7. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    The reminds me of that lady who put a finger in her chili and tried to sue Wendy's. Let's hope it turns out the same way. :mad:

8. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

If he ordered the steak rare then a little bit of blood is to be expected.

9. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Was it that difficult to stop the bleeding from the steak?

Cook it a minute longer. Problem solved. Yeesh!

10. Sugarobyn macrumors newbie

You believe this?!

You actually believe this?! You obviously don't work in restaurants. How would a USED tampon get into a dish? There are too many lines of defense: the cook, Chef, expiditor, runner, server. You believe that a tampon (used) was in a dish, and none of these people saw it first?
    There was a tampon on the plate and it was put there by this crazy guy.
    He had been in the restaurant four times dining alone that week. He was very suspicious. He just happened to have a clear plastic container the perfect size to put the tampon in, when he tried to leave. Really?!?!

This is EXACTLY like the woman and the finger at Wendy's

11. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

I am too skeptical to believe things like this
    and I am too observant to stick a used tampon in my mouth ;)

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

12. djellison macrumors 68020

Next you'll be telling me he didn't notice it because he was texting at the time.

13. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

I can't say I believe him.

Now, I don't have any tampons lying around — much less any blood-soaked ones — so I can't take up my steak knife and saw through one to verify, but surely — surely — he would have known something was up.

Was the tampon cunningly disguised as a piece of tenderloin, or perhaps stuffed into a pocket inside the steak?

What kind of beef is he used to in Germany if it was that tough and he still thought it OK to try and chew through?
    Choice piece of gristle perhaps.

Methinks Santa Claus is trying to get a few nights/weeks free stay at the Waldorf Astoria…

;)

14. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

^ Bingo! I was just going to say the same thing. (woohoo for refreshing the thread first.) I think someone wants some free stay/stuff at the Waldorf Astoria and maybe another BS lawsuit.

What a disgusting story.

15. CorvusCamenarum macrumors 65816

CorvusCamenarum

Actually I'm calling BS on this one. Tampon and gristle are two completely different shades of white, to say nothing of the differences in texture between beef and cotton. If there was something untoward buried like grifted treasure in this man's dinner, it stands to reason that unless he was completely oblivious, one would notice there was something more than cow on the fork.

But who knows, maybe he was texting during dinner and wasn't paying attention.

16. Vogue Harper macrumors 6502

Vogue Harper

Yeah I was only kidding. Like I said originally, I find this to be a bit too far fetched. It's will join all those fake restaurant stories on snopes.com I suspect.

17. nick9191 macrumors 68040

4chan-goers think this guy is one lucky bastard ;)

18. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Ruddy nora, no it wouldn't! It's still a used tampon!

Don't believe this guy though, I can see how it might happen (I had a Big Mac with a bolt wedged inside) but this kinda screams compensation scam. Hopefully some kind of DNA thing gets done and it can all be put to bed.

19. benthewraith macrumors 68040

benthewraith

20. Sdashiki macrumors 68040

Sdashiki

Steak is not ground beef. Had it been a burger or meatloaf, sure Ill "bite" (hahahahaha) and say its possible.

But how does a piece of WHITE/PINK cotton get "inside" a steak so much so that one wouldnt notice it as cutting and eating it?

Can not ONE single person whom came to this man's aid in the restaurant or hospital think for just one minute and go "wait a minute, thats ********, how the **ck did a tampon get into meat!?"

21. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

ok trying to think of what possible scenario could have occured logically.. and as for a possible reason why a tampon could possibly have been in that scenario at all.....

Is it not possible the chef rested the cooked meat on a tampon in order to soak up any excess blood from the steak, and by mistake it got served along with it?

Again ignoring the many alternatives in a kitchen with which one could do that such as kitchen towel......

Other than that, the only other reason if true it could have been there was malice.

However I think the whole thing smells more like somthing coming out of a cow, than inside a cow :D

22. Sugarobyn macrumors newbie

Noone believes him

Can not ONE single person whom came to this man's aid in the restaurant or hospital think for just one minute and go "wait a minute, thats ********, how the **ck did a tampon get into meat!?"[/QUOTE]

He had been coming in that week and seemed suspicious. People sitting near him thought he seemed odd.

He actually told the manager that the tampon was in his spinach (which is slightly more plausable than in his steak.)

How would you handle a situation like this? You realize that the guy is probably looking to scam you, but you cannot be rude.

23. spaceboots06 thread starter macrumors 6502a

spaceboots06

The only thing that makes sense to me is that *someone* decided to have sex in the kitchen. You know, hot sex? The tampon got lost and the partners couldn't find it. Little did they know... IT WAS IN A STEAK!

24. powerdave macrumors regular

I don't think it's real either but do you actually think like this?? Jewish women, really? :rolleyes: