Toy Bot Diaries 2 released

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by EvanLugh, Nov 12, 2008.

1. EvanLugh macrumors 68000

EvanLugh

2. Rojo macrumors 65816

Rojo

Yay!
    I was just wondering when 2 would be released.

Hopefully this one lasts a bit longer than the previous game...

3. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Yeah, I'll be waiting to see reviews.

I liked the last game but it was way too short for what I paid. Either twice as long or half the price would have been fine.

I'm sure someone will review this one from start-to-finish pretty soon.

4. DigMe macrumors 6502

The demo of part 1 was fun. Maybe now they'll drop the price to rock-bottom since part 2 is out. :)

5. liptonlover macrumors 6502a

The other one was waaaay too short for the price... fun, but I was expecting the whole thing. I'm not about to pay $4 more for more levels it should be a free update, IMO. Hope I don't come off as an internet idiot... :eek:

6. imho macrumors newbie

I don't blame you for thinking that you're thinking, but if they do that, they might not even make enough dough to pay salaries and they will close shop and oops, no toy bot 3. I guess we just have to accept that other ppl need to pay their rent too...

As a fellow developer, i know how much effort and manpower it takes to develop a polished platformer like toy bot. Trust me, if this game is on the DS, it wouldn't be $4. They mentioned that there will be 3 episodes so the game in total is $12. On the DS, it will be a $30+ affair.

I heard this 2nd episode is much longer too, i'll give it a try tonight.

7. liptonlover macrumors 6502a

I keep thinking it's one deb even though I know better... My bad. And as another fellow deb I realize it must have been hard work and they deserve the money. I don't like to admit it, but I'm acting like the idiots I despise that think everything should be $1 or less.
    I would actually give in and buy it if I could, but I'm 15 with controlling parents which IMO, isn't a good mix <_<
    Nate

8. EvanLugh thread starter macrumors 68000

EvanLugh

You now have to fully retract to activate your magnetic boots, you can't tap him to turn it on :mad:

9. imho macrumors newbie

Actually thought the fully-retract magnet boots is a good idea. In entry 1, i found myself activating the boots too often when i don't mean to. Hmmm... come to think of it, maybe they are reserving "toy bot tapping" for some new toy bot toys in entry 3?

This entry seems much longer. I played it in 2 sitting for about a total of 2+ hrs, just a bit over halfway i guess. Need to get to that damn engine room. I think i might replay the entire entry 1 then entry 2 this weekend. heh.