Toy Bot update

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by stangdude22, Sep 4, 2008.

1. stangdude22 macrumors member

Just downloaded 1.1, but I dont see any difference. and the app store update didnt say anything.

Any one know?

2. Iamtherealwoody macrumors 6502

Iamtherealwoody

Im DLing now. It doesnt say anything about "New in this version" in the iTunes store, hopefully they added more levels cause I beat the whole thing in like 2 hours.

3. mattjb macrumors member

I asked IUGO what the update brings, and posted their response on my site. Here's what's in the 1.1 update:

- Bug fixes
    - Optimized performance
    - Enhanced controls
    - Improved tutorial level

4. stangdude22 thread starter macrumors member

hmm. Wonder when we'll see more levels??

5. Iamtherealwoody macrumors 6502

Iamtherealwoody

Yea the first level is changed slightly, it has pennies and more stuff to play with, nice upgrade though.

6. mattjb macrumors member

They won't be adding more levels to the game out right now. They will be adding a new episode though (Entry 2) with more levels, which will be a separate game, and will probably cost $3.99 as well.

7. macduke macrumors 603

macduke

I want this game but am going to hold out until version 2.0 with more levels. I don't want to pay $4 for 2 hours of play.

Yeah, I'm the guy who goes to the $2.50 movies...:D

8. DreamPod macrumors 65816

There won't be one, ever. They designed this as an episodic series, more levels are reserved for Episode 2, which will not include the levels from Episode 1. That's why the game is so cheap. You'll never see extra levels added to the current Episode, because that's not their business plan.

And BTW, just because one person beat it in two hours, why do you think you will? The game is based around puzzles, if you are an amazing puzzle solver with decent reaction times, the game will be quick, yes. But some of those puzzles are quite mind-bending at first.