Toy story 3 DVD crashes player

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Schtibbie, Dec 23, 2010.

1. Schtibbie macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Rats. Our son likes toy story 3, which we own in the blu-ray combo pack with blu ray, DVD, and that other digital copy whatever disk. We brought our MacBook on a plane trip along with the DVD. Not the blu-ray. Well, it plays the previews, runs the main menu, but when the movie itself starts, it's beachball of death land and force-quit is required to kill DVD player app.

Same DVD plays fine in a home theater. Any ideas? Is this disc "forbidden" in computers? Is it designed maliciously by disney to crash computers?

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

I don't have Toy Story 3, but I do have Monster House. It does the same thing, in ever computer I put it in. Even Windows and Linux.

3. PeterQVenkman macrumors 68020

Can you try downloading an alternative like VLC player? I have a lot of crashes using Apple's built in DVD Player.

Here's a forum topic about alternatives:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=323410

P.s. - in the past, Disney DVD's could even crash set top boxes. Sometimes you have to do something obscure like make sure your player is set for english instead of "default."