Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Xultar

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 4, 2010
So have any of you dropped your iPad while it was in a TPU case?

What was the outcome? I don't think I'm interested in TPU but I'd like to know about experience with it.

Did it stretch?

Did it dull over time?

What about heat?

klanse

macrumors member
Mar 27, 2010
Cali
lol. Maybe you'll be the first to try? your Screen will most likely be shattered if your ipad dropped face down. that's why i choose book case.

Xultar

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 4, 2010
lol. Maybe you'll be the first to try? your Screen will most likely be shattered if your ipad dropped face down. that's why i choose book case.

Don't be puttin voodo hoo do on my new black 3G 64gb ipad 2:eek:

I can't wait for portenzo to get the leathers out. I hope they don't go crazy and price them over the market. Because a regular $59.00 portenzo with the options would be just fine. I would have gotten the Composition but they had to go and increase it another $10 bucks. $5 maybe but $10? Surely they are surely on crack.

Right now with all the options I'm looking @ spending about $80 on a regular portenzo. I can't see spending more than $100 on a case. I love my iPad but I'm sure something cheaper would work as good. It won't be as pretty but it'll do the do.

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
I had the Belkin Grip Vue on my iPad 1, with a screen protector. I've dropped the iPad a few times from the tabletop to wood/tile floors. The case got banged up, but the iPad is fine.

At the moment, my iPad 2 is naked except for having a Smart Cover on. While I like the Smart Cover as a stand, for protection against drops, I'd feel a LOT safer if I had it in a Grip Vue. My ideal case would be a Grip Vue like case that somehow accomodated the Smart Cover, but so far, I haven't seen anything that's like that. :(

FireSokar

macrumors regular
Jun 21, 2010
To be honest, i bought 3 of the 7$ TPU cases to protect ours till a more suitable one comes along. And on an device like this you might want to consider state farm personal item's insurance. We are getting it for our imacs, laptops and ipads. At 6,000$ worth of coverage for under 40$ a month its worth it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.