Track call/text usage

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Pilopew, Feb 26, 2012.

1. Pilopew macrumors member

I am dumbfounded. I have honestly done my utter best to find an app that does this, but all I end up with is the "about" page in the settings app, or the online website of the provider.

In short, what I'm looking for, is an app that tracks how many texts I sent and how long I called for, you know, basic phone statistics.
    All I can find on the internet using Google are apps that track data usage exclusively, or people referring to the provider website/the usage page in the Settings.app.
    I can't believe that there isn't an app that lets you intuitively track all this, give you nice statistics etc. Did I just miss something, or could it really be this does not exist?

Cheers

2. johax84 macrumors newbie

johax84

Very good question and very strange an app like that don't exist.
    Could be that the iOS SDK don't allow apps to read that sort of data and that could be why no such app exist. It might exist in the jailbroken world.

I am an iOS developer myself and I might look into building such an app if possible, if I do I can contact you about it if you want to. :)

3. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

Apps do exist and are usually available from your carrier. e.g. Fido & Rogers have apps for this in the Canadian Apple store.
    [​IMG]

4. Pilopew thread starter macrumors member

Welp, I didn't state that in my OP very clearly, but my carrier, Vodafone, does not offer this, for prepaid services that is. Hence, I'm looking for another, independent app to help me out with that, one that does not rely on the carrier.

----------

If you could make a pretty one that would be great. In the meantime I found some form of what I'm looking for, it's called SMS Counter and Call counter. How can this be the only app to do these things? Why are these even separate apps? o_O And the interface isn't 10/10 either to be honest. So yeah, if you could make a nice, intuitive one, that does everything in one, and even more, that would definitely be awesome. Contact me freely! Looks like it'll have to be for jailbroken phones if I judge by these apps though.