track markers in itunes

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by djsound, Apr 15, 2009.

1. djsound macrumors 6502a

djsound

Another idea for itunes. I wonder why they have not implemented this yet...track markers. A lot of times I have a set or other 1 hour - mp3's in my itunes, but I sometimes like to fast forward to certain songs in my car....car fast forward is not as good as itunes fast forward so it sometimes takes forever....it would be nice if we could place track markers in itunes then that info is saved in the mp3 or something....so that when playing fro my iphone i can just fast forward to those markers.....know what i mean?

..it would be ncie to be able to do htis without splitting the original long mp3 into a bunch of small ones...

2. Earley008 macrumors member

I agree this would be excellent for mixtapes (i guess this may be what you where thinking). As if you split all into different tracks you have to listen with a gap in between and in a mix it ruins the way that the songs are molded together + you need to think of another way to label the artists etc. - in my opinion.

3. mbayley98 macrumors newbie

I always use Garageband if that helps? It's kinda iTunes by intergrating with it. And it's still mac!

Just a nightmare sometimes not knowing the name of a tune.

4. theLimit macrumors 6502a

theLimit

After splitting, check the "Part of a gapless album" option in iTunes, or has this feature been broken.

5. djsound thread starter macrumors 6502a

djsound

If you have a mix that has about 12 songs in it, it is a stupid that you to have to split that into 12 songs and play them consecutively. All you need to be able to do is place 12 que-points (or markers)....it would be really easy for apple to make that in itunes....just drag and place que points where you want them up top in the timeline......then your iphone or ipod etc. would have to be able to read those que points...

6. solidcarbide macrumors newbie

I hear that

djsound I totally agree

I have the exact same problem with long podcasts that dont' come chopped up. Love the iPhone but I wish it had some of the features that came stock with my Sharp MD player from the 90's.

I'll keep searching in case there's an app out there for that