Track pad clicking

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by litokhmaikid, Sep 25, 2012.

1. litokhmaikid macrumors newbie

Sep 19, 2012
    I just noticed that when I press down on the bottom left of my trackpad, its feels really soft and doesn't make that clicking sound. When I press down on the bottom right though, it feels normal. Is this happening to anyone else. Btw I have rMPB.
  2. fiveainone macrumors 6502a

Sep 16, 2011
    wouldn't know, have been using touch click since new ;) I'll try it when I get home..
  3. Dark Void macrumors 68030

Dark Void

Jun 1, 2011
    Cimmerian End
    There should be an audible "click" sound when you press down on the trackpad.
  4. vmdc macrumors regular

Jun 17, 2011
    I've been using touch-click as well. Although I do click with my thumb and drag with my index finger. But I just tried clicking all the corners and the bottom left and right are clicking the same. I guess only the bottom corners actually click (which makes sense) no click action along the top of the trackpad.
  5. anowis macrumors newbie

Sep 25, 2012
    I am experiencing the exact same issue on a 2-1/2 week old 13" MBP. When I first purchased it there was a very distinct solid "click" and feel coming from my trackpad, now it feels "soft" with a muted sound. For me, it is the bottom left which feels "healthier" with the bottom right feeling muted, and the center of the trackpad feeling the most weak.

I am wondering if this is going to get worse and if I should be considering a run down to the local Mac store. I'd hate to ignore it now, only to be faced with a broken track pad down the road.