Track Pad Clicking

vpro

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 8, 2012
I think clicking is really out-dated on these notebooks, even more than they think the optical drive is out-dated. I never liked clicking, I just tap, the clicking sound drives me bonkers, worse than my periods, but any how...

I hope the next MacBook Pros just have the slick glass pad without the ability to click. They should change the keyboard to, edge of fingers always gets caught between the keys, the silver keys had perfect everything and were not clicky and loud, these black spread out keys are so noisy !!! The typing noise makes me feel like I'm in an office in the 70's.

Who clicks anymore???????? I just tap tap tap my way to productivity.

^_^

Jesla

macrumors 6502a
Jan 7, 2013
Tennessee USA
If clicking bothers you that much then I guess it's safe to assume the you don't wear heals.

Let me check the calendar….yup it's that time…...:D

KUguardgrl13

macrumors 68020
May 16, 2013
Kansas, USA
I think clicking is really out-dated on these notebooks, even more than they think the optical drive is out-dated. I never liked clicking, I just tap, the clicking sound drives me bonkers, worse than my periods, but any how...

I hope the next MacBook Pros just have the slick glass pad without the ability to click. They should change the keyboard to, edge of fingers always gets caught between the keys, the silver keys had perfect everything and were not clicky and loud, these black spread out keys are so noisy !!! The typing noise makes me feel like I'm in an office in the 70's.

Who clicks anymore???????? I just tap tap tap my way to productivity.

^_^
You know you can go into the trackpad settings and change them so you just tap right?

vpro

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 8, 2012
yep

If clicking bothers you that much then I guess it's safe to assume the you don't wear heals.

Let me check the calendar….yup it's that time…...:D

You are correct I do not wear heals that click, only cork platforms, or foot shoes so my toes can wiggle and grip rocks when I go climbing. I'm really light on my feet just like I am on my computer.

I have not used the click on any of my track pads, not even once after the initial boot up.

They should make a trackpad you can not click with period.

iPoopeh

macrumors regular
Aug 7, 2010
Well my period is ten times worse than clicking on a trackpad.. > >' But that's not what this thread is about.

But I actually don't like tapping. Maybe that's just me! But I always like clicking better. Sometimes I can tap the trackpad by accident and it get's annoying. [at least on the Windows Laptops] :(

Yahooligan

macrumors 6502a
Aug 7, 2011
Illinois
If you're tapping hard enough that the pad clicks then you're tapping too hard. All it takes is a light touch. :cool: