Track Pad Issues

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MichaelThomas, Apr 4, 2007.

1. MichaelThomas macrumors member

ARGGGG!!!
    so I was doing some work in photoshop for the past 6 hours or so... I decided to use my bluetooth MM since I can work faster with it. Anyhow Ive just turned my mouse off, to discover that the certain areas of my trackpad arent responding! Its driving me nuts! the left hand side all work fine but im having hardly any response with the right :( any ideas suggestions? would be greatly appreciated. Its a 17" PB btw.

2. aaron.lee2006 macrumors 65816

aaron.lee2006

Reset the trackpad. Rest your palm on it for 5 seconds.

3. MichaelThomas thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for replying. Doesnt seem to have worked though :(

4. kolax macrumors G3

kolax

Tried restarting? Seems obvious, but any strange things that happened to my Mac (i.e. downloads not appearing until I create a new file in that directory) all fixed when restarted.

Is the trackpad any more sensitive since only half is working or is it normal just only have usable?

5. MichaelThomas thread starter macrumors member

Yup tried a restart n checked settings. It has got a little bit more sensitive but in certain places it seems to jump right across the screen. Im sure you know what I mean. Sometimes in the right side if i try going left it jumps back right a little then to where I moved my finger. hmmm im out of ideas!

6. kolax macrumors G3

kolax

Sounds like it needs re-calibrated. I did a search on google and couldn't find anything on calibrating the MBP trackpad :confused:

7. aaron.lee2006 macrumors 65816

aaron.lee2006

It's a powerbook.

8. MichaelThomas thread starter macrumors member

I had a look for calibrating a powerbooks trackpad but couldnt seem to find anything tell me how to do it...

9. MichaelThomas thread starter macrumors member

Even bizzarer!!!
    it seems to have moved further across to just the righ hand side now...the center of the track pad is now fine...the far right is the only problem now :confused: Im hoping its going to sort its self out.