Track Pad...mouse sometimes sticks.

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Nicolecat, Jul 21, 2008.

1. Nicolecat macrumors 6502a

Nicolecat

It's not all the time...but, sometimes when working in illustrator or when I'm online...the mouse likes to stick, so I swirl my finger quickly in a circular motion to "grab" it back again.

I can't tell if it's just because the pad of my finger is too dry after using the trackpad for a while, that it just doesn't register very well...or if this is something I should have checked out.

I just got the Macbook in April...and haven't had any other noticeable problems. :eek:

Do I need to be worrying a little more? :(

2. zelet macrumors regular

I've had that happen and it turns out (in my case) that the thumb and palm of my left hand sometimes touches the edge of the trackpad and causes the mouse to hang.

3. Nicolecat thread starter macrumors 6502a

Nicolecat

I thought the same thing...

but I make a point to look down before getting upset, that it's sticking. and nothing else is touching the trackpad.

Even when I lift my hand and purposefully put one finger on the pad...and try to move before the fast swirly motion, it doesn't want to move.

Which is why I was wondering if one's finger got overly dry while using the pad...if that would effect the sensitivity.

4. khunsanook macrumors 6502

khunsanook

This happens to me also. In my case I have "ignore accidental trackpad input" enabled in mouse/keyboard preferences. For some reason after typing keyboard shortcuts the trackpad freezes for a second. If I turn off the "ignore accidental trackpad input" the problem goes away.

5. cMacSW macrumors regular

This was the cause of my mouse freezing, turned it off, problem solved.