Track Pad on rMBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by TLmac, Feb 18, 2015.

1. TLmac macrumors member

Hi all...I've been lurking here for awhile, posted a few times. I am currently saving up for a rMBP. I'm done with Windows and despise my HP computer (that I'm on when I post here).

Sometimes when I am typing on my HP, if I move my hand across the trackpad, it messes up my page that I'm on. Sometimes to the degree of closing it (without me pressing any buttons). It's random and not all the time but enough that it's annoying.

My ? is, does this ever happen while typing on a rMBP? I've not ever used one long enough to "test" that out.

Also, does anyone use a mouse with their Macbook? That will take time to get used to if I choose not to use one. Most ppl I know with one do NOT use a mouse....any specific reason for that?

2. Traverse macrumors 603

Traverse

I don't have that issue with my trackpad and yes I do use Apple's Magic Mouse.

Better Touch Tool is a nice utility that can make using these multitouch devices much better.

3. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

No issues here

I have no issues with my trackpad.

The reason that everyone with macs uses the trackpad is twofold

Firstly the multitouch gestures, once you get used to them, make interacting with your computer a joy. This to the point that many people with mac desktops use bluetooth trackpads rather than a mouse.

Secondly this trackpad is simply the best tool with this laptop they work so well together it makes you wonder why no one else can get it right. In fact this is often cited as a big reason macbooks a so popular....

4. TLmac thread starter macrumors member

Interesting...Maybe I'm wrong here but I think that might be the biggest learning curve for me. I have always used a mouse. I tried to use the track pad on this HP but it's just awful!

Although I have been told the software switch over may be a learning curve as well. I'm just anxious to be able to get the Mac as I'm so sick of Window problems!

5. DiCaprioAngel macrumors 6502

When I had my Sony Vaio laptop years ago, I always used a mouse because I hated the texture of the trackpad - it actually hurt my fingers sometimes because it had a raised texture. However, when I first got my rMBP back in Christmas of 2013, I fell in love with the trackpad. It's smooth, so easy to use, and works better than any window's laptop I've ever come across. Trust me, once you use the trackpad and get the hang of it (it took me all of 10 minutes to get used to the thing), you will love it. I never have to use a mouse for my laptop and I don't intend to. The trackpad works great!

6. macguyx86 macrumors newbie

No problems with my trackpad either

As others have said - I don't have any problems with using the trackpad on my rMBP 15". It's nice and smooth and I don't seem to bump it and cause issues with my palm.

I also use the Magic Mouse, but it's really not necessary. It's just nice to have a mouse for some things.

7. Meister Suspended

Meister

No problems with the trackpad.
    Using a cheap 3rd party mouse and keyboard right now.