Track pad scrolling proplem

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Neoni123, Feb 9, 2014.

1. Neoni123 macrumors newbie

Hi Guys

I recently started using an external track pad and keyboard for my Mac book pro (2010) when using an external monitor.

The problem I am having is scrolling up and down with Firefox. Most of the time it works fine, but sometimes becomes randomly unresponsive and cannot scroll up and down . When this happens I reset Firefox and it works again. The problem starts again when I try scroll back to a previous page, it wont do it for me and causes my scrolling up and down to freeze again . This problem seems isolated to my web browsers (Firefox and Safari ). Scrolling up and down works fine for all my other programs. The only way to fix this is to shut down the MBP and start up again, restarting alone wont fix it, only shutting down .

I recently did a ccleaner scan a few days ago , the problem followed shortly after I did this, not sure if they are related in any way .

I also thought this was only affecting my external track pad, but the problem has also occurred with the in built track pad, shortly before writing this .

If any of you could give me some advice on fixing this Id appreciate it , its a very frustrating problem .

Regards,
    Robin

2. LightningIceFox macrumors newbie

LightningIceFox

I will say that this issue I am able to replicate with both Safari and Firefox. It is interesting that it is only occurring with browsers. It appears to be something related to an Apple OSX library object call that both browsers use or some sort of hardware driver issue.

I am using a Macbook Pro 2011 with Mavericks.