Track Pad sticks on "click and drag"

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by MartyCan, Dec 19, 2012.

1. MartyCan macrumors 65816

MartyCan

I searched and didn't see anything about this. I have the Magic Track Pad which I prefer using over the mouse but I have one repeating problem that drives me nuts.

When I click and drag with it (to move an item or resize a window for example) it does not release reliably. So when I then try to move the cursor elsewhere I inadvertently mess up what I've just done. It's like the pad does not spring back up when I take my finger pressure off of it.

The feet on the narrow edge are the actual buttons and they are not dirty and it is sitting on a hard surface. They don't stick if you are single clicking.

2. flynz4 macrumors 68040

You could return it to Apple if the device is broken.

Personally, I do not use the mechanical click features of the trackpad (neither the magic trackpad... or my MacBook Air). Instead, I enable 3-finger gestures.

/Jim

3. MartyCan thread starter macrumors 65816

MartyCan

I'll have to check those out, thanks for the tip.

4. MartyCan thread starter macrumors 65816

MartyCan

Can't say I am a fan of the 3 finger drag option. Part of the problem is that I need to Run Parallels/Win7 for a few work specific apps. The 3 finger drag doesn't play nice with this set-up.

I really need to find out why my track pad is sticking.

5. Harky macrumors newbie

Harky

Did you ever find an answer/solution? Mine does it too and it's the one thing that I hate.