Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

If you have been good this year, you may be interested to learn that Google today launched its annual Santa tracking feature, allowing Santa to be tracked in real time on his mythical journey to the North Pole as he prepares to deliver presents to kids around the world.

santa-tracker-1.jpg

Google's Santa Tracker continues a 19-year tradition for the company, allowing excited children (and parents!) to keep up with the jolly gift-giver's travels throughout December 24. On this day, Santa's Village transforms into a tracking experience where children can follow Santa and his reindeer as they merrily go about their important work.

Santa can be tracked using a web browser on iPhone, iPad, or Mac by visiting Google's official Santa Tracking website. The site features a live map of Santa's current location, his next stop, a live video feed of his journey, and the estimated time that he will arrive in each specific location.

The Santa site provides pictures of locations that Santa has already visited, a live count of gifts that have been delivered, and Santa's current distance from your location. There are also a selection of games to play, creative things to do, and videos to watch.

Other Santa tracking services are also available, such as the NORAD Tracks Santa Claus app and website, but Google's site is often the most interactive and detailed.

Article Link: Track Santa's Journey From the North Pole Using Google's Santa Tracker

Porco

macrumors 68040
Mar 28, 2005
Just because Santa owns companies like Elfler, ReindeerX and recently took over the North Pole social media network Glitter, I don’t see why anyone would compare him to Elon Musk.

Oh, the tracking thing, right, now I get it.

TwistedGleam

Suspended
Sep 15, 2022
In regards to tracking sleigh location and broadcasting it to the entire world, if you were Santa, but most importantly had such an influence on many people on different levels, I'm most certain you'd be extra cautious and prefer to keep certain things private. Or at least not publicly available and shown off as if it's acceptable behavior.

Santa does some great things for the people and the world as a whole, should be protected at all costs.

He's definitely in top 10 most important people/voices on the planet currently.

• Haha
Reactions: Colonel Blimp

phenste

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2012
this is one of the best MR comment threads I’ve seen in a long time (merry Christmas everyone 💝)—I came here to say “I still hate Google but think this is the cutest purest thing ever” but the plot thickens…
No thanks I think I and many others would stick with NORAD as it’s just way cooler. Don’t need Google’s adverts to kids when tracking Santa.
this is AWESOME and I can’t believe I didn’t know it existed. thank you for showing me what I will be showing my children in the future (like, yknow, when I get around to having them).

edit: lol, me not even bothering to read the article where they mention NORAD bc I just came here for the comments, but I’m still giving you credit for introducing me to this 😊

-BigMac-

macrumors demi-god
Apr 15, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
Plot twist: Santa is real, bought a google phone a few years ago, now poor dude is live tracked every time he moves an inch, supplying free sh*t to poor kids around the world, and we think his life is literally a joke and not real😂😂

TwoBytes

macrumors 68030
Jun 2, 2008
What version AirTags has Santa got and did Apple create a custom firmware for him for the tracker? *that didn't brick his device

Why can we locate santa but not my lost suitcase?

Reactions: wbeasley
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.