Track Stolen iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by jap1198, Jan 9, 2010.

1. jap1198 macrumors 6502

My teacher had her iPhone stolen right out of her purse today and I was wondering if there was any way to track it without the use of MobileMe or any other software. I was thinking that maybe since it has GPS it can tracked down.

2. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

I don't think it can be. Can you imagine if any Tom Dick or Harry could just track you down on a whim? Anyway I would call AT&T on the (very) long shot that they might be able to help her.

3. scottness macrumors 65816

scottness

4. tayshodd2 macrumors newbie

Tell her to monitor her call log online. I managed to track down my sister's iPhone by seeing who the thief called and received calls from, and then getting addresses from those numbers. Led the police right to him...

ATT isn't going to track the phone without a subpoena, and that's not gonna happen.

5. jap1198 thread starter macrumors 6502

Ok thanks:)
    I'll make sure to tell her that.
    I mean shes not worried about the phone, she's worried that the guy/girl who stole it now has access to all her info. But I'll be sure to tell her about monitoring the calls

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Next time tell her to put a passcode lock to protect everything she has stored on her iphone.
    Also to select "Erase all data on this iphone after 10 failed passcode attempts"