Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

smt1192

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 2, 2007
I have always wondered where my money went after I spent it, so I stumbled upon this website after finding it on a dollar bill. Check it out.

www.wheresgeorge.com

Plymouthbreezer

macrumors 601
Feb 27, 2005
Massachusetts
Back when I was younger and far less mature, my friends and I would write our Xanga's on $20 bills. Turns out, we got a few comments from far off peoples. :eek:

David G.

macrumors 65816
Apr 10, 2007
Alaska
"Where's George? is not available today due to a network outage beyond our control." ... "Please try again in about 30 minutes"
So let me get this staright, your servers are going to be down all day today but you want me to come back in thirty minutes? Right.:D

astrostu

macrumors 6502
Feb 15, 2007
Speaking as a coin and currency collector ...

PLEASE DON'T DO THIS

It makes the bill absolutely worthless to those of us who collect them. I came across a $2 bill last week that would've been worth about $60. But, because someone had stamped it with one of those http://www.wheresgeorge.com stamps, it makes it completely uncollectable.

obeygiant

macrumors 601
Jan 14, 2002
totally cool
I got a one dollar bill with a stamp on it

Here is the link to the traking.

I feel sorry for you collectors but I've seen some strange stuff on money. I think I have a $1 with "jesus saves" on it somewhere.

I've always liked the spider on the front of the dollar.

obeygiant

macrumors 601
Jan 14, 2002
totally cool
found this one...
5152j8.jpg

OutThere

macrumors 603
Dec 19, 2002
NYC
I've put in like 50 bills and have a few hits, but haven't done it in a long time.

On the subject of amusingly marked bills...I found this one a while ago and had to take a pic:

photo.JPG

Tomorrow

macrumors 604
Mar 2, 2008
Always a day away

PLEASE DON'T DO THIS

It makes the bill absolutely worthless to those of us who collect them. I came across a $2 bill last week that would've been worth about $60. But, because someone had stamped it with one of those http://www.wheresgeorge.com stamps, it makes it completely uncollectable.

Bro, if it's really that big a deal, I have a whole friggin' stack of $1 bills I'll sell you, and I'll only charge you $2 apiece. :cool:

yg17

macrumors Pentium
Aug 1, 2004
St. Louis, MO

PLEASE DON'T DO THIS

It makes the bill absolutely worthless to those of us who collect them. I came across a $2 bill last week that would've been worth about $60. But, because someone had stamped it with one of those www.wheresgeorge.com stamps, it makes it completely uncollectable.

Speaking as a bill collector as well I also agree, please don't do that, because after enough markings, vending machines and Wal-Mart self checkout machines tend to reject them.

I'm a bill collector. I collect them to spend them.

fireshot91

macrumors 601
Jul 31, 2008
Northern VA

PLEASE DON'T DO THIS

I know that this thread is a few years old, but do $2 bills actually have more than face-value? I have a couple sitting in my drawer! :eek:

Firestar

macrumors 68020
Sep 30, 2010
221B Baker Street.
I know that this thread is a few years old, but do $2 bills actually have more than face-value? I have a couple sitting in my drawer! :eek:
They probably do have a larger value than their face-value, but I would assume that it's not much, and the one worth $60 isn't just every ordinary $2 bill.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.