Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Richard Flynn

macrumors regular
Sep 4, 2006
Sydney
Is this for the UK only?
This apecode site is for people having Macs shipped from China to the UK and continental Europe—it primarily integrates with the Kuehne and Nagel tracking system, who are the Dutch shipping agent which Apple uses to move orders from China here.

It also seems to work with orders coming from the factory in Ireland (though perhaps only when the order originates in China, and is customized in Ireland).

So, when I ordered my Mac Pro in August, it was shipped from Ireland, and I could track it using the Apple-provided number on the Apecode site. It was then transferred to UPS in the UK, although there was no information really to that effect either on the Apecode site or on Apple's 'Track this order' page. The computer arrived about 24 hours after I got the shipment notification from Apple (so I'm assuming that it must have been shipped from Ireland).

Meanwhile, when I ordered a few peripherals from the Apple store UK, they were shipped by UPS direct (domestic). Therefore, no tracking facility for that order on the Apecode site. However, the forum on the Apecode site has lots of helpful posts for people ordering Apple products in Europe: for example, I learned there how to track domestic UK shipments with UPS using only the Apple 80xxxxxxxx number, and not the real UPS 1Z~ Air Waybill number.

nickeii

macrumors newbie
Mar 8, 2007
Newcastle, UK
Does anyone have any suggestions for where I can get some more useful tracking information in the absence of the seemingly dead Apecode site?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.