Track

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by ChrisN, Mar 30, 2008.

1. ChrisN macrumors 65816

ChrisN

Hi, just wondering if there are many people here who run track for their school (college or highschool) and what events do you run. Also, does anyone know how to qualify for county champs? Just wondering

ChrisN

2. mms macrumors 6502a

I'm a pole vaulter who runs the 100 and the 4x100 on the side.

As for qualing, it totally depends on your county but usually there are qualifying meets and/or qualifying marks. For example, in my area, all those with a certain mark are eligible to compete in the league meet. They take the top X number of athletes from the league meets and they compete in the county meet. Then the top X number of athletes from each county in each event compete in the state meet.

3. ChrisN thread starter macrumors 65816

ChrisN

I run the 400m Intermediate Hurdles and 110 High hurdles in NJ and in my school we have the shirt system, white is for freshman only, yellow, red,blue and black. So i probably have to get a white one to qualify i guess.

ChrisN

4. Rhosfelt macrumors 65816

Rhosfelt

I ran the 100, 200, 400, and the 4X100

In PA it is as simple as you make a certain time you go to the county meet, and if you make a certain time there you go to states. And then so on.

much easier, but you have to run the state qualifying time at county or it doesn't count.

5. ErikCLDR macrumors 68000

I run the 4x1, 400, and 4x4.

I honestly hate track. My team sucks. We have probably the worst track in Connecticut coined "The Beach" because its like running in sand.

My best 400 time is 53 seconds, and I am looking to work that down a little bit more. I have been to championship meets but I always get my @$$ kicked.

I'd rather be playing lacrosse but I messed up my back so I am doing this instead. Mostly I am doing this to stay in shape for soccer.

6. Highcroft macrumors regular

I run the 400 and 4x100. I sometimes have to run the 1600 or 800 to score some points. We usually have the smallest team and end up getting last. I'm not sure how high school is, but in jr. high you just had to run a state qualifying time or get at least second place at sectionals. As an 8th grader, I ran a 59 sec. 400 and about a 5:30 mile. I think I can cut a couple of seconds off this year since our coach last year didn't really push us to hard and most of my training was by myself.

7. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

I ran track in high school and college. I ran the mile, the two mile, and the 5k. In MA, you had to run a pre-set time to qualify for the state class meet, and then finish in the top 6 (?) at class to qualify for the all-state meet. Every state does it differently.