Tracking an apple order online?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Ollie Cromwell, Jun 4, 2007.

1. Ollie Cromwell macrumors member

Ollie Cromwell

Quick question: What site do I use to track an Apple shipment coming to an address in the UK? Once I have the carrier tracking number (Just showed up online). Have ordered a Mac Pro and I am wondering when it is likely to arrive as I may need to juggle my diary to try and be at home in case it arrives in the next couple of days.

2. thworple macrumors 6502

thworple

Just got mine a couple of weeks ago, so this is pretty fresh in mind. Once it's shipped you should be able to go to the 'Order Status' page on the Store Website, and there'll be a 'track this shipment' button. This will bring up more details on the order, including the carrier number, and the company delivering it.

TNT were the carrier for me, and if they're yours too, then a word of caution - they suck. You can track the delivery via their website, but it usually gives you incorrect information. They'll more than likely try and arrange an evening delivery for you (between 6pm and 10pm) but they failed to turn up 3 days running for me. I kept leaving work early in order to be home from 6pm onward, and they just kept messing me about. In the end I went to the depot nearest me (Crawley) to pick it up. Just really awful. Sorry if that sounds worrying, but that was my experience of them.

3. Ollie Cromwell thread starter macrumors member

Ollie Cromwell

Yeah, I have the shipment tracking number visible there, it seems to have shipped on the 30th May, there was no new info available over the weekend, it now shows the carrier tracking number but not the carrier so I guess that will follow.

It all seems a lot slower than when I ordered my C2D MBP at the end of last year. (Then again it is a bigger box so the gremlins carrying it might be having a harder time of it):D.

Guess I will just have to wait and see. I think it was TNT that delivered my MBP as well, did not have any problems with them on that occasion.

4. nihilisticmonk macrumors 6502

nihilisticmonk

www.apecode.com/appletrack/

Best applestore tracker out there. Better than the actual applestore one!

This connects to couriers back end systems that ship on behalf of apple. You can see exactly where your parcel is. Used it about 100 times when I waited a month for my macpro.

5. Ollie Cromwell thread starter macrumors member

Ollie Cromwell

Thanks,

I knew there was a site out there somewhere, could not remember the url.

Comes back vaguely to me from all the people frantically trying to track their shiny new c2d Mbp's when they first came out.

BTW: The site seems to be down. Well I cant get through anyway.

6. hammondc macrumors newbie

Is this only for non-fedex shipments? Mine is Fedex, but I am curious if this is a better tracking system.