Tracking Information

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by h2o pete, Dec 7, 2010.

1. h2o pete, Dec 7, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2010

h2o pete macrumors newbie

Ordered my MBP on the 1st of December (Wednesday).

(Low-end 15" model with Hi-Res screen - said up to 3 business days for shipping)

Shipped on the 4th of December (Saturday).

The current status is 'In Transit to Customer - Shipment on Schedule' with the date of 9th December 2010. What does 'In Transit to Customer' mean? Where would it be now? It's the 9th in 2 days time (Thursday) so why does it have that as the date now?

Estimated delivery date is still 17th of December.

It doesn't give a carrier number or assigned carrier, it just says 'In transit to final destination - carrier details to be updated shortly'. I don't get it, surely that would imply it was between the last stop and my house, which it can't be?

Also, on the order page it has:

[​IMG]

The email I got saying that my order was being processed, and the email I got saying that my order was 'In Transit' were from 'Apple Sales International, Hollyhill Industrial Estate, Hollyhill, Cork, Republic of Ireland' does that mean my MBP is coming from Ireland? Will it merged in the Netherlands? Where would the case come from?

What does all of this mean? Where is it now? What will happen next? How can I track it? None of the numbers seem to work for tracking.. can anyone help?

2. wirelessmacuser macrumors 68000

wirelessmacuser

I'm in the USA so I'm not familiar with the specifics of the system in your country. However I do know that Apple maintains very tight control over it's shippers and does an excellent job. I would suggest you call Apple for an update.

Good luck... :)

3. snaky69 macrumors 603

What does it matter where it is, really? You'll get it when you'll get it, incessant refreshing of tracking webpage won't make it come faster.

If it shipped on friday most likely the carrier has yet to scan it, which would explain why the tracking number is not in their system(it is printed on the shipping label automatically but needs to be scanned first before being trackable.)

4. h2o pete thread starter macrumors newbie

Just wondered where it was..

And wondered what it meant by the date of 9th December? It's only the 7th today..

[​IMG]

5. shyam09 macrumors 68000

shyam09

ok so right now its being shipped to you.. aka in transit to your home.
    the date means the date of arrival. so on the 9th (if all goes well) then you should be receiving a package from apple.

6. h2o pete thread starter macrumors newbie

Ah, thank you! I also noticed that they charged my credit card for the payment today, would that be another good sign that it's on the way? When do they usually do that?

Thanks again.

7. h2o pete thread starter macrumors newbie

Just changed to the 10th..

'In Transit to Customer - Shipment on Schedule -10th December 2010'

8. Mag1c22 macrumors member

it seems your really excited to receive it, which is clouding your judgement.

Back when i ordered the iphone 4 and was having it shipped to my house, i had pre-ordered it, and received it two days before the shipping date said i would receive it.

so i guess it varies, but whatever expected date you have, is either accurate or close to it.

also, you look familiar.
    7sins?

9. shyam09 macrumors 68000

shyam09

the expected shipping date is the 17th- but once again its subject to change- thus the tenth to 12th is the most probable guess..

10. h2o pete thread starter macrumors newbie

Changed again...

'In Transit to Customer - Shipment on Schedule -11th December 2010'

yes ;)

11. h2o pete thread starter macrumors newbie

'Delivery scheduled by final carrier, see estimated delivery date - 11th December 2010'