Tracking order problem

Discussion in 'iPad' started by gusping, Mar 12, 2012.

1. gusping macrumors 6502

Hi guys and gals,

I pre ordered the iPad 3 and was wondering if anyone could explain the tracking numbers and stuff.... it says my carrier is TNT. My tracking number is 10 numbers and my additional order numbers is also 10 numbers long. Is the "Your PO number" or "Our delivery reference number" needed to track?

And before anyone asks, it has been shipped ;)

Thanks, all help appreciated :)

2. Aksta macrumors regular

are you in the UK? i have been trying as well but to no avail.

3. vitaminz macrumors member

I actually called Apple about this as none of my numbers worked either, and apparently the tracking numbers will only work on the 16th sadly.

4. daleski75 macrumors 68000

daleski75

They will go live in a couple of days so just be patient and your ipad will be on it's way soon.

5. gusping thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes, i live in the UK, how silly of me not to say :S sorry!

6. Reser macrumors 6502

These numbers will "never" work, they are 10 digits long, TNT tracking numbers are 8 digits long, you got told a load of rubbish.

I have heard they might eventually change to the correct numbers, but getting annoying now since everyone but TNT can track just fine.

7. gusping thread starter macrumors 6502

yea, i read about a few people being able to track with UPS and Syncreon

8. Reser macrumors 6502

Just rang up and talked to the recorded message, it gave me a completley different tracking number for my order which is 8 digits long and works on TNT's site but cannot be found however.

Recorded message had the gall to say it would have the same informaton online on my order status.. nope completley different.

It would seem they have put the wrong order numbers on online for all the TNT orders. Ridiculous.

// Edit

Scratch that, it gave me a 9 digit number and TNT just cut the last digit off..

So 3 different numbers now and none of them are correct.

9. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

Just a thought but try leaving the first tow and then the last two number off when checking and see if that will pull it up!

Just like the USA our iPads are in lock down in semi trailers at the FedEx hub and our FedEx numbers will not activate till the evening before when they release them to FedEx.

10. Reser, Mar 12, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2012

Reser macrumors 6502

Loving this fake recorded message thing. You can hear typing everytime you answer a question. It must be someone listening to the call and choosing the right responce e.t.c.. funny.

Feel like saying " I can hear you typing you know..."

anyway when I finally got through to them they said they will be changing the numbers the day before or the day of delivery to the correct ones, also said they will not even be giving the iPads to the delivery companys until the night before or on the day of delivery.

Seems they are really cracking down on early deliverys... I expect loads wont arrive on time as delivering that many iPads in one day without even having the stock till the day will not be easy.

11. Lukeyy19 macrumors 6502a

Lukeyy19

http://www.tnt.com/express/en_gb/site/home/support/apple_customers.html

tracking numbers still don't work yet though.

12. Lastof macrumors regular

Come join us in one of the two longer uk threads.

I don't think anyones tracking numbers are working yet. As you know, TNT numbers currently give nothing useful. People who are shipped with UPS I don't believe are getting any useful info either, and those of us currently listed with Syncreon just have a location of Hinckley, and no information in the tracking list.

From what we can work out most if not all of the UK iPads are still in the Syncreon warehouse in Hinckley, Leicestershire. This one. Its possible that some might be in warehouses elsewhere, but most seem to be starting there.

They have been assigned to a carrier, but not actually picked up yet. When they leave the warehouse and are scanned onto the carrier's lorries the tracking numbers will start working, but not before. Currently TNT/UPS/etc don't have the packages, and so don't know where they are.

13. gusping thread starter macrumors 6502

im surprised no one has trying to raid the warehouse yet.... ;)