Tracking says "left on doorstep"

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by erik.thor21, Jun 25, 2010.

1. erik.thor21 macrumors newbie

When i got home it wasn't there. What should I do?

2. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

Panic and post in a forum. Don't call FedEx or anything.

3. iUser4Lyfe macrumors 6502

You. Are. Awesome.

4. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

5. Tara Luvs Apple macrumors 6502a

Who was it shipped by? Did you leave a pre-sign authorization?

If it required a signature and they just left it, then I think you might have something. If not, then there might not be much you can do.

6. rywat macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3gs: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

Are there any places on or near the doorstep that the delivery person may have hidden the package to lower the risk of theft?

7. easy-mac macrumors member

Did you presign? All Apple shipments require a signature. If they left your iPhone at your door without your authorization then they are liable and you should be able to get them to replace it. If you did presign though, you may not have a leg to stand on, since you gave them permission to leave it and it got stolen. Contact FedEx and your credit card company to see what can be done immediately. I know some CC companies offer protection against things like theft. If you cant work it out with FedEx then maybe look and see if your homeowners or renters insurance will cover it.

I've had problems with FedEx leaving things on my door before and then mysteriously having them disappear before I got home. It's a fun experience, at least if you call bashing your head against a wall getting nowhere fun :rolleyes: Good luck though, since a signature is required you at least have a legitimate case if you didn't presign.

Edit: I assumed you ordered from Apple, but if you ordered from AT&T or someboby else and had it delivered that may not be the case. Good luck!

8. mloffa macrumors 6502a

mloffa

The box is pretty small.

Some places you might what to check if applicable:

Mailbox
    Neighbors house
    Take another look on doorstep.

If not, give FedEx a call.

9. erik.thor21 thread starter macrumors newbie

Pre ordered from AT&T. At first the tracking said fed ex, then it was delivered through ups. I would expect them to require signature confirmation but they didn't. Was expecting a note on the door so I could pick it up. Nothing.
    Tracking just said left on doorstep.

10. elephunkman macrumors 65816

My FedEx shipment required no signature. Funny, because I ordered a pack of screen protectors and it needed a signature.

11. colmaclean macrumors 68000

colmaclean

12. ChrisGonzales90 macrumors 6502a

ChrisGonzales90

Well contact UPS. Posting your problems here wont solve anything.

Good luck :)

13. detroit1 macrumors regular

give it a couple hours. mine said this last year and the guy didnt show up for like 3 hours

14. Evo-L macrumors member

I wouldnt worry just yet. I had a UPS guy on time mark the package "delivered", but at someone elses house. I went to that house to find it abandoned and panicked.

Turns out he just marked the package as delivered so he could meet a time deadline on the package, and he came back later to deliver the package.

...shady

15. cello2456 macrumors regular

I went out on my porch to meet the Fed Ex man and he did NOT ask me to sign for the two phones. I then asked him about signing and he said that it was not needed. Sure glad that I was home. Contact your shipper ASAP.

16. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

Is it even possible that this poster didn't call yet?

CALL. They will call your local dispatch who will then call the driver and then you will get a call back.

Learn2BProactive

Hell I had the driver call and give an ETA of when he would be dropping my phone off.