Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheRealness

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 6, 2007
Ok, so on Saturday my MBP was changed to Prepared for Shipment, today I looked and it said shipped.

Here is my status, it looks like at 11:15 am (China Time is the same as 11:15 my time)

So if packages do go out in the evening then it should have gone out already no?

Also is package received after fed ex cutoff, what exactly does that mean.

After it was "picked up" and assuming that packages go out from 3:00-5:00 their time

shouldn't it have shipped....please explain

4p0qf5x.jpg

zwida

macrumors 6502a
Jan 5, 2001
NYC + Madison, WI
In my experience, FedEx's reporting of information is pretty bad for shipments coming out of China. I've often seen the exact same screen, followed by (the next day, or that night) the package going to Anchorage, Alaska, followed by it delivering to me in NYC.

I know this stinks since it just means more waiting (and anticipating your new machine), but you should have some real info soon.

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
From some quick googling and memory, this just means that it's at customs. They're very efficient; it should pass customs very quickly and make its way to the US in the next day or so, just as zwida said.

TheRealness

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 6, 2007
ohh so they dont post things as they happen in real time or withing minutes?

So they just update it whenever and give you at what times it happened??

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
Are you joking or serious? :confused:

They update pretty instantly when the item is in their hands and it passes a point where it gets scanned. But at times when it's at customs, etc, no, they don't.

Relax... what do you want?

11:15AM - Customs inspector Xiao went out for a smoke
11:20AM - Customs inspector Xiao is drinking chrysanthemum tea
11:27AM - Customs inspector Xiao is talking to Customs inspector Li
11:33AM - Customs inspector Xiao is having shu mai for lunch
11:40AM - Customs inspector Xiao and Customs inspector Li are talking on the phone with Customs inspector Wang from Hong Kong about black market iPods

0-2 days is typical for this kind of product to clear customs. Don't expect it to clear in 15 minutes, though.

matticus008

macrumors 68040
Jan 16, 2005
Bay Area, CA
It was received after the cutoff, which means it'll sit around until tomorrow until anyone touches it again.

Packages don't ordinarily enter the customs process until arrival in the United States, so that is not the nature of the delay--that said, it may be held because of the preclearance paperwork that needs to be done in China. If the documents aren't in order on arrival, there will be a customs delay while they sort it out on the US side.

They don't ship computers one at a time. I wouldn't worry about tracking information until the day before it's supposed to be delivered--it's not always fully updated and nothing happens while it's in transit anyway.

rychencop

macrumors 65816
Aug 17, 2007
Georgia
yeah...fedex's shipping info. is not that good. i had checked my status early tuesday morning and it showed it as being at a sort facility 100 miles away...i received it an hour later at my door. never showed it on the truck for delivery or anything.
just be patient!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.