Tracking speed question using Logitech V270 BT Mouse

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Foxglove9, Jul 10, 2007.

1. Foxglove9 macrumors 65816

Foxglove9

I just bought a logitech V270 mouse and the tracking is so fast that just moving it a little sends the mouse to the other side of the screen. I adjusted the slider in the mouse tracking speed preferences and other than the first setting which is way too slow everything else is way too fast. Doesn't seem to be a nice in-between?

I didn't install any drivers just plugged it in.

This is my first bluetooth peripheral, and also my first optical mouse. Always used a ball mouse, so maybe this is how mice are these days?

I tried it on my Powermac and Macbook and it's way too fast on both. Maybe I just need to get used to the speed or can I slow it down a little somehow?

2. BigPrince macrumors 68020

Yes it tracks ridiculously fast.

I have it on the 3rd lowest setting. Took some time getting used to as opposed to my old mouse.

3. Foxglove9 thread starter macrumors 65816

Foxglove9

Thanks, at least I know there's nothing wrong with it. I guess it won't be replacing my old ball mouse, but I can deal with it as a travel mouse with my macbook.

4. BigPrince macrumors 68020

once you adapts, you wont notice the difference. Took me 3 days or so.

5. Foxglove9 thread starter macrumors 65816

Foxglove9

Resurrecting my old thread, but thought it could be helpful. 3 months later and heavy use, wow, you are so right. This mouse is fantastic. I was worried about the lag associated with wireless mice, but it's practically not noticeable at all (and I do lots of design work).

The speed is great, batteries last a very long time (100+ hours easy), and being bluetooth is so much better that having a wire. So yeah happy with the purchase, especially for the price! Now if it was only white to match my macbook :rolleyes:;)

6. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

Agreed. It always takes a little while to get used to something new, but once you get used to the v270 it's amazing. I've had mine just over a year and its awesome. Batteries last at least a month (mouse on 18 hours a day).

And the silver matches my MBP perfectly :p