Tracking speed question using Logitech V270 BT Mouse

Foxglove9

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 14, 2006
New York City
I just bought a logitech V270 mouse and the tracking is so fast that just moving it a little sends the mouse to the other side of the screen. I adjusted the slider in the mouse tracking speed preferences and other than the first setting which is way too slow everything else is way too fast. Doesn't seem to be a nice in-between?

I didn't install any drivers just plugged it in.

This is my first bluetooth peripheral, and also my first optical mouse. Always used a ball mouse, so maybe this is how mice are these days?

I tried it on my Powermac and Macbook and it's way too fast on both. Maybe I just need to get used to the speed or can I slow it down a little somehow?

BigPrince

macrumors 68020
Dec 27, 2006
Yes it tracks ridiculously fast.

I have it on the 3rd lowest setting. Took some time getting used to as opposed to my old mouse.

Foxglove9

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 14, 2006
New York City
Thanks, at least I know there's nothing wrong with it. I guess it won't be replacing my old ball mouse, but I can deal with it as a travel mouse with my macbook.

Foxglove9

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 14, 2006
New York City
once you adapts, you wont notice the difference. Took me 3 days or so.
Resurrecting my old thread, but thought it could be helpful. 3 months later and heavy use, wow, you are so right. This mouse is fantastic. I was worried about the lag associated with wireless mice, but it's practically not noticeable at all (and I do lots of design work).

The speed is great, batteries last a very long time (100+ hours easy), and being bluetooth is so much better that having a wire. So yeah happy with the purchase, especially for the price! Now if it was only white to match my macbook :rolleyes:;)

zioxide

macrumors 603
Dec 11, 2006
Resurrecting my old thread, but thought it could be helpful. 3 months later and heavy use, wow, you are so right. This mouse is fantastic. I was worried about the lag associated with wireless mice, but it's practically not noticeable at all (and I do lots of design work).

The speed is great, batteries last a very long time (100+ hours easy), and being bluetooth is so much better that having a wire. So yeah happy with the purchase, especially for the price! Now if it was only white to match my macbook :rolleyes:;)
Agreed. It always takes a little while to get used to something new, but once you get used to the v270 it's amazing. I've had mine just over a year and its awesome. Batteries last at least a month (mouse on 18 hours a day).

And the silver matches my MBP perfectly :p