Resolved Tracking Your Replacement iPhone 5?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by pinsleric, Sep 24, 2012.

1. pinsleric, Sep 24, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2012

pinsleric macrumors member

I've done a bit of searching around the forum and I haven't been able to find an answer to this, so I thought I'd just ask. Yesterday I did an express replacement on my iPhone 5 and it all went smoothly.
    Later that night, I checked my account online and I wasn't able to find it in my orders. I then checked my support profile. All it says is that my product replacement is pending:
    [​IMG]

I haven't received any other info about this and I'm just concerned about the phone not showing up in my orders and the fact that I'm not able to track it, so I'll know when to be home to pick it up. I don't even have any way of checking to see if the phone's been sent or not.

Am I the only one who's seen this? Have I just not given the site enough time to process the order? Help?

EDIT: The site just told me that my replacement shipped.

2. JoshGlzBrk macrumors 6502a

JoshGlzBrk

Did you get a tracking number at all? It shows mine has shipped but no tracking number is provided.

3. pinsleric thread starter macrumors member

No tracking number for me either. But it shows this:
    [​IMG]

I assume that means it'll be here before Friday, since they require that they have your phone back before 10 days.

4. trixnrice macrumors member

^how long ago did you put in the request for a replacement? i put in my request Sunday night, and i'm on Step 2 still. How long did it take you for the status to change to step 3 as shown above in your picture?

5. JoshGlzBrk macrumors 6502a

JoshGlzBrk

Mine was put it on Sunday afternoon and it shows that it is in step 3 (waiting for old phone) and that the new one has shipped.

I'm going to call tomorrow morning to see if i can get a tracking number as I need to know when to be home to receive the damn thing...

I also need to have them waive the $29 express replacement fee.

6. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

how did u set this up? i cant find it anywhere

7. JoshGlzBrk macrumors 6502a

JoshGlzBrk

You can call into apple care and ask for an express replacement. They will place a hold of the phones total cost $649 for the 16GB version on your credit card and send you (usually overnight) a brand new one. And when it arrives you just use the prepaid box/slip to ship the old one back. And when they receive it the money hold is removed.

There is a $29 fee if you do not have applecare+ but you can usually get them to waive it.

8. JoshGlzBrk macrumors 6502a

JoshGlzBrk

Ok I figured out how to find your tracking number for replacements. The reference number Apple is using is your repair ID number which should be in the emails they sent you and is on the repair status page itself.

Mine was shipped via fedex so if you go to:

https://www.fedex.com/AltRefTracking?cntry_code=us

and in the references box use that number along with putting in your country and zip code you should be able to find it.

If it's not on fedex it should be on ups:

http://www.ups.com/tracking/tracking.html

9. trixnrice macrumors member

wow. Great find! It worked. Thanks man!

10. JoshGlzBrk macrumors 6502a

JoshGlzBrk

And of course I just got an email with the tracking number lol. -_-

11. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

Okay mine has a bad screen, so I set up express replacement, they send u a retail box phone? I open it but it also has a defect, can I just send that one back?

12. richxps macrumors 65816

richxps

Is the replacement in a retail box ? They put a hold on my cc for 800+ dollars for my replacemet so I'm wondering if its
    New in the box ?

13. metzy25 macrumors 6502a

metzy25

How are you guys getting replacement/new phones, I called apple care and they said too call back in a week and then they'll send mine.

14. richxps macrumors 65816

richxps

I set mine up today with applecare , having battery issues but I'm curious if its new in the box like the rep said. They put a hold on my card too

15. thadoggfather Suspended

thadoggfather

I'm curious about this as well