Trackpad 2 not quite right

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by T-Bob, Aug 18, 2016.

1. T-Bob macrumors 6502

T-Bob

Been using TP2 on retina macbook with video out last few weeks, and no matter the adjustment I can't quite get it performing as well as the built in one.

It's hard to describe, the cursor tracking doesn't seem as easy or accurate. This doesn't improve if I slow down or speed up the cursor. If I speed up the cursor will overshoot, but need less movement and vice versa if slowed down.

Anyone else find this?

2. Lachhh macrumors regular

I see what you mean. I think things that transmit over Bluetooth won't ever be quite as accurate as built-in options. I do get the occasional stutter / skip with my magic mouse too. I just got the trackpad, mostly for my work in Photoshop, for which it's sufficient. I found it's not quite as "immediate" feeling as the Macbook trackpads, but like I said, being bluetooth you'd expect to lose just that little bit of immediacy.

Another thing I don't like about it is that it doesn't have a little non-sensitive area at the bottom for me to rest my palm on while browsing. I usually like to relax my hand over the mouse / the trackpad when I browse. Due to the anatomy of the macbook, that's worked very well. The bluetooth trackpad forces me to kind of hover my fingers over it awkwardly. I was aware of this before purchasing it, and really only got it for the pinch to zoom and easily swiping around a canvas gestures for Photoshop. But yeah, won't be replacing a standard mouse for me anytime soon.

3. JTToft macrumors 68040

- Surely you can just rest your hand on the table the trackpad is sitting on, no?

4. Lachhh macrumors regular

Ha. I know what you're driving at, and maybe I didn't do quite the job at explaining it that I hoped. Point is, it feels awkward to me. Maybe because it's so big, and I don't get to rest the idle fingers above or two the side of it without moving it into an awkward position. At any rate, less than thrilled, but it serves me just fine for the occasional swipe gesture in PS.

5. JTToft macrumors 68040

- Right, okay. I can see that. Haven't thought of it before with my MT 2, though.

6. T-Bob thread starter macrumors 6502

T-Bob

You can rest wrist on the surface the TP2 is on, but its a step down from the height of the trackpad and I had a slight bit of strain for a few days adjusting to the angle.

I've since tried the TP2 wired and can notice little difference, but there might be something. Need more A/Bs.