Trackpad 2

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Billphillips, Apr 9, 2016.

1. Billphillips macrumors newbie

Hey guy's just purchased the trackpad 2, quick question, I'm finding it clicks too easily, even when I put the setting up to firm. Anyone else finding this issue? And is there a way to stiffen the click further to prevent these false clicks?

2. throAU macrumors 601

throAU

The in built trackpad on new macs is the same.

You get used to it after a while and my older macbook trackpad now feels like too much effort.

Remember that the new trackpad is intended to be used with varying levels of click, having it too hard to register anything will mean having to push even harder for the force touch aspect...

I guess all i'm saying is stick with it, i thought the same but now it's not a problem at all and it only took a few days to a week to prefer it.

3. Billphillips thread starter macrumors newbie

Cool, thanks man, I was hoping the same. I told myself Id give it a few day's to adjust, because other than that I like this thing alot.

4. throAU, Apr 9, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2016

throAU macrumors 601

throAU

Yeah give it a few days then go back to the old trackpad and you really notice the different effort required depending on where you click it, it's lack of ability to be clicked easily on the top edge, the additional effort required, louder noise, etc.

I was very skeptical myself, the trackpad was one thing i was REALLY worried about apple screwing up (It was a major major selling point of apple laptops for me) but IMHO the new force touch stuff is a winner.

edit:
    I've even reduced the effort on mine to minimum now i am used to it too - and like you had it initially cranked all the way up and found it too light.

5. Billphillips thread starter macrumors newbie

thats awesome, glad you told me that. you gave me hope man lol. Have you ever used it yet with better touch tool? I had the old one programmed with so many different gestures i could practically run my mac with out ever touching the keys. Have you used it yet with that app? Curious peoples results with that app as opposed to the original trackpad. And your right, that top clicking did get annoying on the old one.

6. throAU macrumors 601

throAU

Nope, not heard of that app.

In general i try to keep the custom interface stuff on any machine i run to a minimum, hold over from my Linux and Windows days where non-standard things would always break come upgrade time.

7. Billphillips thread starter macrumors newbie

Oh man, you have to try it. Im with you on the operating system, but Its not anything to affect the operating system. Its just a program for your trackpad or mouse, you can make all custom gestures with it. literally endless amounts. But it takes some time to perfect it. just as an example you can set it to 3 finger swipe down to close a window. or open an application of your choice etc. theres endless gestures you can set them to do so many things and as a fellow trackpad lover, im tellin you you'd love it. You can still keep your normal features on too if you wish.