Trackpad Act'in funny....

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by FcNo, Jan 7, 2010.

1. FcNo macrumors member

So I have a macbook pro 2.66 ghz, purchased in august 2009, and recently i have been experiencing the trackpad missing a couple taps when i try to click on something. i sometimes restart it and uncheck and recheck the tap to click in settings, but it eventually does the same thing.

I found this update at apple.com: http://support.apple.com/downloads/MacBook__MacBook_Pro_Trackpad_Firmware_Update_1_0
    Which perfectly describes what im experiencing. Unfortunately this install is not for my "computer".

Is there anyway I can override the notice?? and if anyone has experienced the same thing, what did u do to fix it?
    Since it happens every now and then, i feel like if i were to take it to the genius bar they would just laugh at me...

Thank you for your time and i really would appreciate any suggestions or fixes some of you may have up your sleeve.

2. designgeek macrumors 65816

designgeek

In my experience (Late 2008 Unibody 15") since October '08 is that they're just kinda that way. You could try an app called "Better Touch Tool" it allows you to change sensitivity levels which solved most of my problems, plus you get to try lots of different gestures which is nice. If I recall correctly, that firmware update was used for my generation of uni's since they were missing a click every fifty clicks or so. I really love/hate the trackpad, it's so amazing yet so buggy sometimes, my last Powerbook never pulled crap like this. I hope this helps, just keep in mind that this particular model won't be perfect. :)